Ready to drop out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to drop out?

Hey guys, those of you that are not ready yet, remember time is ticking. There are guys that are ready that are on a waiting list. Quit dreaming and throw in the towel. We will understand! You really didn't want to go anyway. I have an all new car and the wait is killing me! This picture was taken yesterday!
    Attached Files

I'd show up at the gate fully expecting to make the trip. There were about 60 no shows last year. What is your waitlist number?

On the other hand, thank you for the motivation.
    Last edited by Beagle; July 28, 2013, 08:57 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

throwing in the towel isn't an option.....

Comment

My car came home on a flat bed last night at 4am, but that ain't stopping me from showing up
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
          throwing in the towel isn't an option.....
          X10!
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

I should have my block back either tomorrow or Tuesday... I should
            have it in by Saturday and putting some miles on it.... believe me if I
            were going to throw the towel in.. it would be before the 15th... at least
            I could get back some money

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              My car came home on a flat bed last night at 4am, but that ain't stopping me from showing up
              Did it just get tired, or was it out on its own.....we need to know.

And I just drove mine to get pizza, so all good here.
              Last edited by greenXpress; July 28, 2013, 11:44 AM.
              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                Did it just get tired, or was it out on its own.....we need to know.

And I just drove mine to get pizza, so all good here.
                I was heading back from Las Vegas and around 1am and 150 miles from home started getting mis-fires and in short order the engine quit. I believe the HEI ignition coil fried. My space shuttle display was up and running and it didn't lean out like when the fuel pump is shut off, it was definitely an ignition mis-fire. Checked for loose wiring and then called a tow truck.

Working on some valve covers right now to mount 8 LS ignition coils on
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I dont care about the money....I will keep at it till its time to put it on the trailer and head to BG !
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                    I dont care about the money....I will keep at it till its time to put it on the trailer and head to BG !
                    I hear ya... but if I felt I couldnt make it by the 15th,
                    I'll cancel and let someone else in... I'm going either way...
                    either in my ride or with my buddy(Quick52) and ride shotgun again....
                    but I'm sure I'll be ready.... JMO... but if I felt I couldnt make it I
                    would cancel as soon as I could so someone on the list could make
                    their preparations to go .... I would want to know if I was on the list

Comment

If I cant get the cup holders installed, I will throw in the towel.

LOL
                      Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                      Drag Week 2011 DD
                      Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                      Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

That's it, I'm DONE!!!! You can have my spot!!!!
                        Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; July 28, 2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

got the motor in, wiring is close to being done,, still don't have door glass, front tires, shocks, radiator/fans. still waiting for a fuel tank...there's no quitting in dragweek !!!!!

Comment

I'm 64th on the waiting list and no way will my car be ready

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                              That's it, I'm DONE!!!! You can have my spot!!!!

I guess I'll have to rework my list of people I need to meet face to face.
                              I have trouble keeping names and cars straight. Not to mention BS names
                              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
                              X