No announcement yet.

How many miles from home to bowling green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving. Hope I don't have anything disasterous happen to keep me from driving home. Last year's axle bearing was a close call.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      Are you driving your race car to the event, or trailering it?
      I will be driving it!

I don't own a trailer and have driven it to every DW I've competed in. Fortunately this year will be measured in minutes rather than hours. Last year was a touch over 11 hours to get to Tulsa.

Comment

Driving....and there's always a uhaul truck/trailer waiting somewhere with my credit card number on it, if things go really bad.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

480 miles. Not sure if driving or trailering. Wife is meeting us in St. Louis or Memphis. Going to LS Fest too and if all goes ok considering staying in TN for a week and attending the Redneck Rumble.

Comment

837. Much better Than last year.
            "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Over 700.
              Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Are you driving your race car to the event, or trailering it?
              Originally posted by 72buickgs View Post
              Just to add to the question. How many are driving and how many are going to trailer out this year?

And like a moron, I'm planning to drive it in an untested, unfinished, unairconditioned, uneconomical hooptie . . . breaking in the new engine (and hopefully not BREAKING IT) during the drive to BG . . . .

I could trailer it . . . I have an ancient box trailer and a beat-up PSD to tow it with . . . but the trailer's full of '61 Rambler Cross Country 6 and '63 MG Midget (yes, two little cars in one trailer! Anybody want to buy a Rambler?), the trailer's tires probably are no longer up to a 1,500 mile haul, and the rig's fuel economy probably wouldn't be that much better.

Besides, after seeing those flood photos of BG, I'd be worrying all week about my old rig sitting in "impound."

And DW is about DRIVING YOUR RACE CAR, so why not? What could go wrong? (The powers of illogical rationalization are strong with this one . . . .)
              Last edited by 38P; August 8, 2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                Over 700.

And like a moron, I'm planning to drive it in an untested, unfinished, unairconditioned, uneconomical hooptie . . . breaking in the new engine (and hopefully not BREAKING IT) during the drive to BG . . . .

I could trailer it . . . I have an ancient box trailer and a beat-up PSD to tow it with . . . but the trailer's full of '61 Rambler Cross Country 6 and '63 MG Midget (yes, two little cars in one trailer! Anybody want to buy a Rambler?), the trailer's tires probably are no longer up to a 1,500 mile haul, and the rig's fuel economy probably wouldn't be that much better.

Besides, after seeing those flood photos of BG, I'd be worrying all week about my old rig sitting in "impound."

And DW is about DRIVING YOUR RACE CAR, so why not? What could go wrong? (The powers of illogical rationalization are strong with this one . . . .)
                You can drive your purpose built race car, I am driving my street car.....

The only reason I am not driving mine out there is to kee pthe wear and tear off the car. Not to mention my truck sleeps better than the car any night with more room to stretch out.
                -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by HBZ_81_C3 View Post
                  My drive this year is not going to be too bad at all.
                  Don't you live in the RV park at Beach Bend?

My trip is about 300 miles one way.
                  Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by HBZ_81_C3 View Post
                    I will be driving it!

I don't own a trailer and have driven it to every DW I've competed in. Fortunately this year will be measured in minutes rather than hours. Last year was a touch over 11 hours to get to Tulsa.
                    party at your place this year???
                    Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                    Drag Week 2011 DD
                    Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                    Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

520 miles this year!!!

last year was 1200! one way
                      Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                      Drag Week 2011 DD
                      Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                      Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

625 for me,,this will be my first dragweek where my home track wasn't in the route.

Comment

Originally posted by 72buickgs View Post
                          Just to add to the question. How many are driving and how many are going to trailer out this year?
                          can not stand to trailer and I am a Daily Driver, but I am bringing a bunch of "get back home" parts.
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                            You can drive your purpose built race car, I am driving my street car.....
                            Yo Bob . . . after you see the unfinished, pathetic mess I hope to be bringing, you'll need to put "purpose built race car" in quotation marks (unless one's idea of "race car" is bookended between piled-together Chump Car and LeMons-style jalopies)

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                              Don't you live in the RV park at Beach Bend?
                              If I had a RV I probably would!

Comment

335 TO 551. Matters which way I will take?

Comment

Working...
                                X