X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

900 each way..

Comment

Originally posted by Buckett View Post
      335 TO 551. Matters which way I will take?
      I'm only an hour north of Des Moines. What route are you looking at to get the mileage that low???????

Comment

Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
        480 miles. Not sure if driving or trailering. Wife is meeting us in St. Louis or Memphis. Going to LS Fest too and if all goes ok considering staying in TN for a week and attending the Redneck Rumble.
        Where exactly are you coming from?

267 Miles from my front door to Beech Bend. Indy will be the furthest from home I'll be.
        WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
          900 each way..
          Having traveled "the Peninsula" (more accurately "traveled" in this context meaning mired in seemingly endless traffic on I-75, with a brief stop-over at Garlits' museum (http://garlits.com/). . . ), I'd estimate about 700 of that is in the "Sunshine State."

Comment

Sorry fat fingered that! 535 or 551. I can take 80 or go down though st. louis.

Comment

No trailers for me - to save his time, my son flys in and out of Nashville so I'm a solo drive to and from Nashville, but together the entire DragWeek.

DragWeek is made for a father & sons or daughters vacation, what could be better than spending a full week with them plus being surrounded by motor-heads that journey from all over the world to make it an unforgettable event for everyone.

Oh, and Squirrel don't even think UHaul, on the way to DragWeek 2009 our truck broke down in Clinton, Ok - UHaul box van with trailer costs over $2,500 plus I was stuck in Clinton an extra day waiting for a trailer from OK City. You do not want anything to do with UHaul unless it's planned!

See you in Bowling Green Hardy Handshakes - Swede
              DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

1250 miles from Winnipeg.

Good thing Dave bought a newer truck and trailer, the 6.0 Ford is getting long in the tooth and was causing me more stress the the dam car.
                Last edited by Rat Infested; August 8, 2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
                  No trailers for me - to save his time, my son flys in and out of Nashville so I'm a solo drive to and from Nashville, but together the entire DragWeek.

DragWeek is made for a father & sons or daughters vacation, what could be better than spending a full week with them plus being surrounded by motor-heads that journey from all over the world to make it an unforgettable event for everyone.

Oh, and Squirrel don't even think UHaul, on the way to DragWeek 2009 our truck broke down in Clinton, Ok - UHaul box van with trailer costs over $2,500 plus I was stuck in Clinton an extra day waiting for a trailer from OK City. You do not want anything to do with UHaul unless it's planned!

See you in Bowling Green Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                  I am going with my Dad this year, should be a blast. See you there!
                  1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

looks like i'll be about 550. i'm about an hour up I-44 from all you tulsa guys, hopefully i see ya'll along the way! i'm gonna drive the car if things go as planned. haven't driven it with the new combo yet, no overdrive this year. if i don't spend any more money on parts before we leave, maybe i'll have enough gas money to get back home!
                    1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for you. My dad and I are trailering my car to BG.
                      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

512 miles.... not bad

Comment

P-Body, Mapquest says: I-75S= 496 miles, or, I-69S= 541 miles.

Nice putt!
                          CZ
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Zink View Post
                            P-Body, Mapquest says: I-75S= 496 miles, or, I-69S= 541 miles.

Nice putt!
                            CZ
                            If you take the I-75 route you run into more big hills.. if you run the western
                            run its a bit flatter ... I think I'll run the western run since I'm hauling a 43' trailer
                            Last edited by MR P-BODY; August 8, 2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

I did this last year, then my phone screwed up and I lost all my accrued numbers! My number is four 80 two three5 501six I'll be Driving the 1 ton diesel, with two perfectly good street cars on a two car open trailer. So any of you guys traveling from the west along 1-40, give me a call if you run into trouble, we can always put one of my cars on the road if need be.

Comment

Working...
                                X