Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW MUCH DID YOUR DW CAR COST and HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW MUCH DID YOUR DW CAR COST and HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH?

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Can't take money to the grave and worrying about it while alive kills the fun.

Signed the guy with the most expensive six hundred dollar car on the planet.

How much are the serious players spending to chase the DW dream?

I'm a little afraid to total it up, but I suspect the final bill of receipts for my 2013 "Plan A" bomb will crest the $10,000 mark (HOLY FREAKIN COW! THAT'S A RIDICULOUS WASTE OF MONEY . . . . ).

And I might be able to get . . . $7,500 of that back on a good day (that's probably way too optimistic)

Anybody else want to disclose:

A) How much their DW rides cost to buy/build?

B) How much they're worth?
    Last edited by 38P; August 8, 2013, 03:23 PM.

Well I bought it back in the early 80s for $50 dollars out of a wrecking yard, since then I have spent a ton of money on it and its now priceless as I will never sell it.

Priceless is not true if someone layed down 50g I would take it and build another
    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Lololololololololol. If you put one dollar into a drag car thinking your gonna get it back your an idiot! I bought my gp for 3400 and got 600 back for the stock v6 and trans with 58k on them. Since then I would hate to think the amount of money invested. I've spent well over 20k in drivetrain. And untold amounts on chassis,ignition,fuel,power adder,interior, on and on and on and on. But it's the way I want it and I will never sell it. So it's priceless to me.
      Last edited by slimbo5; August 8, 2013, 03:54 PM.
      "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

I think to duplicate the build would be around 200 how much money is in it. Lol lost track.
        It's fun and that is all that matters.

Comment

Don't think I could really ever sell it

Comment

400.00 to start and its for sale
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

In reality I think I have about 10K-12K in to it... it was SUPPOSE
              to be about 9K

Comment

If you want end up with a million dollars racing you start with 12 million...
                Last edited by tsanchez; August 8, 2013, 04:15 PM.
                Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Thanks for playing!

I understand the "priceless" valuations (and that 98% of all cars are depreciating money pits . . . and yes, I confess I'm an IDIOT when it comes to blowing $$$$$ on hot cars . . . and Army trucks . . . and dangerous, wimpy '60s sports cars . . . and . . . . ).

But when the "agreed value" insurance man asks how much you want to insure it for, what do you say?

Example: I think my old SVT Cobra is "priceless" because of my 15-year attachment to it and all of the enjoyment/stress relief it's afforded and I have no intention of selling it . . . but the insurance company says it will only pay $15,000 if it's stolen or destroyed . . . and I suspect it would be difficult to get any more than $10-12,000 for it on the open market.

So even "priceless" cars have a "real world" objective value.
                  Last edited by 38P; August 8, 2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Mines insured for 30k. And that would be a loss. Lol.

Comment

Incidentally, the guys who are going to make out like bandits on this are the old greybeards who had the coin to snap up a desirable '60s muscle car or "Tri-Five" when they were dirt cheap during the '70s energy crises and have held on to it all these years.

(Like a myopically CHEAP idiot . . . I didn't pony up the extra grand for a nice Goat when they were just used cars, so now I'm stuck with a '69 Grand Prix SJ that even fully restored might be worth only 1/3 to 1/2 of a similar G.T.O. Youth is wasted on the young. )

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                        In reality I think I have about 10K-12K in to it... it was SUPPOSE
                        to be about 9K
                        P, I'd have guessed more. You appear to be a lot better "shopper/builder/wheeler-dealer" than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                          Mines insured for 30k. And that would be a loss. Lol.
                          No doubt. That GP is one clean ride.

Comment

Thanks. It's a money pit. But I love her.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                              P, I'd have guessed more. You appear to be a lot better "shopper/builder/wheeler-dealer" than I am.
                              I had a lot of the stuff in the shop... plus I do all the work... now if I
                              had to figure in my time... it goes way up

Comment

Working...
                              X