Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Pedals and a dust pan. Clutchin' fools check in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbc with a liberty. Will be the first time down a track or street in 7 years.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by officer lawnmower View Post
      1st time to drag week, old muncie trans here also, man they are fun!
      You bringing parts with you? I hope to take it easy on stuff for the most part, but dealing with 45 year old parts and you never know.
      -Bobby-

Comment

im in on the 3 pedal thing

Comment

Originally posted by guidos View Post
          Nothing like driving the car 2200miles and dropping the clutch....and praying you'll make it home!! I will be in street race BB N/A. I will also be bringing a spare TKO, clutch pressure plate....all in the hope I don't need them!
          Originally posted by Doc's Notch View Post
          haha, ill also be packing my co drivers faceplated TKO on the trailer that i hope i dont need.

Now I know who to look for if I blow up my 75,000+ mile TKO-600
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I drove mine about 400 miles round trip the other day, went to Kearney raceway made 2 passes everything went well til the third pass and started having problems getting it into 4th. So I limped it home and I am in the process of going thru the tranny now. Planning on bringing a spare muncie with me, the car is kind of a turd boiler so I am hoping not to break to much, but you never know!!

Comment

After making dozens and dozens of passes, last night I missed second gear. Second gear....I mean c'mon. Just pull it straight back. Man...I hope this isn't Drag Week jitters setting in! If I keep up crap like that I'll need the dust pan for sure. Decided to run it out anyway for the WOT data log.

Last edited by Nate; August 16, 2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Yep, Mike and I only have 3 pedal cars/trucks at our house. In fact, it has been so long since I drove an automatic, that I cannot remember how to put an automatic in "drive" without the diagram. I actually figured that out a few Drag Weeks ago when I tried to move Geoff Zeller's Monte up in the tech line since he was occupied elsewhere (probably powdering his nose), the keys were in the ignition, and I knew he would be fine with it (and of course it's not labeled). I started the car and then just sat there trying to remember, because the car behind me was pretty close and well, can you imagine how it would go if I backed into a car in tech line at Drag Week. That would be a long week for sure. Turk made a little comment about my lack of automatic knowledge, which we still laugh about at our house. Blanch is the White 69 Dart that appears as if it is driven to church on Sundays and we will be bringing in the SBNA class.
                Last edited by Ms.Vicki; August 17, 2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

and Mike is such a rotten bastard to that shifter that from the stands, you think it's got a four speed automatic?
                  Last edited by Beagle; August 17, 2013, 07:34 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Mike gets that a lot from people. He is so hard on parts that if he can't break it easily, it's pretty indestructible to everybody else.

Comment

I went on DW 6 years in a row (2006-2011). My 68 Z28 has a 12 bolt rear end with a Keisler supplied T56. I have puked the 12 bolt once and have had to change 2 or 3 clutches on the road. When launching at 6 to 7000 RPMs it can be tough on parts. Since my car is an original Z28 I did not want to switch to a 9 inch or a Dana 60. My recommendation would be to install a new clutch and a new ring and pinion in your car before you leave home. The years that I did this, I had no problem. I personally feel that there is no greater high than power shifting a manual trans. Just listen to Mike Crow and you will understand what I mean. Chad and I are building my 66 Nova for future drag weeks. It is going to have an LS with a turbo and an auto trans. I'm getting to old to change clutches on the road even though Danny, Paul, Joey, Chad and a bunch of other guys always dive in to help. The key to Hot Rod Drag Week is reliability and it is hard to do that with 7000 rpm launches. See you guys in Bowling Green.
                      Last edited by Chad's Dad; August 17, 2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad's Dad View Post
                        I went on DW 6 years in a row (2006-2011). My 68 Z28 has a 12 bolt rear end with a Keisler supplied T56. I have puked the 12 bolt once and have had to change 2 or 3 clutches on the road. When launching at 6 to 7000 RPMs it can be tough on parts. Since my car is an original Z28 I did not want to switch to a 9 inch or a Dana 60. My recommendation would be to install a new clutch and a new ring and pinion in your car before you leave home. The years that I did this, I had no problem. I personally feel that there is no greater high than power shifting a manual trans. Just listen to Mike Crow and you will understand what I mean. Chad and I are building my 66 Nova for future drag weeks. It is going to have an LS with a turbo and an auto trans. I'm getting to old to change clutches on the road even though Danny, Paul, Joey, Chad and a bunch of other guys always dive in to help. The key to Hot Rod Drag Week is reliability and it is hard to do that with 7000 rpm launches. See you guys in Bowling Green.
                        Walt, ya have to admit we have changed the clutch in some cool places!!
                        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

You are right. I think the whole DW experience is very cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X