Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Pedals and a dust pan. Clutchin' fools check in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Pedals and a dust pan. Clutchin' fools check in!

Surely I'm not the only manual transmission banging fool hitting the road this year? Granted, I'm slow running bottom 11's at 122 but dang if it ain't fun. Rev to 6000, "release" the clutch, and hope parts don't scatter. Its my first drag week, can't wait.

Good luck to you... I'm a mopar bumm also... 83 Rampage in DD.. but I run a auto 518 trans
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
      Good luck to you... I'm a mopar bumm also... 83 Rampage in DD.. but I run a auto 518 trans
      That's a beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
        That's a beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!
        Thanks... but I have been plagued with oil leaks lately... if I cant
        get them dried up... I'll quit on this year.... tomorrow will tell

Comment

No Nate you will not be the only one there with the fun pedal. We (Vicki and I) have no idea how to drive and automatic we dont own a a vehicle with an automatic. Well unless you count the boat.

Comment

You can add the Guido brothers to the 3 peddle party.. Both of us run 5 spd .. Our first drag week as well My high 11 sec car and brothers low 11 ( if big motor makes it past dyno run this weekend ) will be in the 10 s

Comment

I will be 3-pedaling down the tracks in the high 11s as well.

Comment

I'll also be representing the stick cars. Im racing street race NA.
                -Jeff
                Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Count me in also! 2nd year with a stick, 6 speed magnum, I have only made 15 runs on a drag strip, 1/8 and 1/4, with this setup. I have some of my best slips just easing it out of the hole! Wheel hopping the first 60 feet and went 6.79 in the 1/8.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Looks like a good crowd of gear bangers. I've just got a simple 347ci LS/T56 combo that's thankfully not too hard on parts. When I bought my lightweight flywheel a few years ago I never intended on doing this much drag racing. I've been fighting a nasty bog on launch and tomorrow I'm installing a 28lb unit. Hitting the track on Thursday for test and tune. I figure I'll see some nice 330' gains and the resultant reduction in ET. Otherwise my car is ready for Drag Week right now. I signed up for DD but want to switch to SR SB/NA.

Comment

I will be there with 3 pedals also, I will be bringing up the rear with an old school Muncie set up. Hope I will not need the extra trans I plan to bring for insurance!
                      -Bobby-

Comment

Nothing like driving the car 2200miles and dropping the clutch....and praying you'll make it home!! I will be in street race BB N/A. I will also be bringing a spare TKO, clutch pressure plate....all in the hope I don't need them!

Comment

haha, ill also be packing my co drivers faceplated TKO on the trailer that i hope i dont need.
                          -Jeff
                          Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                          I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Add me to the list but keep that dust pan away. LOL Running in DD with a stock Mustang T5 I'll be saying a prayer over before each and every pass.
                            WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

Comment

1st time to drag week, old muncie trans here also, man they are fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X