What Is The Drop Out Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are ALL you candy-asses dropping out??
    Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; August 15, 2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

NO this candy ass is still going
      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

still going here, and I did get the e-mail.
        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by HBZ_81_C3 View Post
          Check you junk folder...

That is where I found mine.
          Thanks, that was where it was.
          1973 Camaro Z Jy 5.3 & S475 10.99 on 6.5 lbs, cant wait to get the cage in
          2013 DRAG WEEK SURVIOR

Comment

I had to go back out and pull the intake ONE MORE TIME... since the heads
            have been cut to fit a shorter deck I have to stack 2 .045 gaskets to get things
            to line up... this time I glued the 2 gaskets together with Right Stuff... tomorrow
            I will use the Right Stuff on the head surfaces and stick the gaskets on then use
            it on the intake side of the gaskets then install the intake... yeah I canceled already
            but this just buggs the shit out of me... its the first engine in 50+ years thats trying
            to get the best of me.... and before I went into the military I did the engines at a dealership
            so its not the first engine... plus I do mine race engines... but this is the first time with
            these heads (I think)
            Last edited by MR P-BODY; August 15, 2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
              have been cut to fit a shorter deck I have to stack 2 .045 gaskets to get things
              to line up... this time I glued the 2 gaskets together with Right Stuff... tomorrow
              I will use the Right Stuff on the head surfaces and stick the gaskets on then use
              it on the intake side of the gaskets then install the intake... yeah I canceled already
              but this just buggs the shit out of me... its the first engine in 50+ years thats trying
              to get the best of me.... and before I went into the military I did the engines at a dealership
              so its not the first engine... plus I do mine race engines... but this is the first time with
              these heads (I think)
              I ran around in circles trying to find out why mine was smoking. It had what looked like perfectly good and a very popular brand valve seals on it. I changed them and the problem went away, i had my machine shop look at them, my dad, my friends, nobody thought it could be the seals. I changed the seals just as a last resort and the problem went away. Frustrating because I spent about $200 in gaskets and shit in the process for it to end up being some seals I paid $17 for....welcome to hot rodding!!

I wanted to see the Rampage though damnit!
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                I ran around in circles trying to find out why mine was smoking. It had what looked like perfectly good and a very popular brand valve seals on it. I changed them and the problem went away, i had my machine shop look at them, my dad, my friends, nobody thought it could be the seals. I changed the seals just as a last resort and the problem went away. Frustrating because I spent about $200 in gaskets and shit in the process for it to end up being some seals I paid $17 for....welcome to hot rodding!!

I wanted to see the Rampage though damnit!
                I changed to the blue seals this time around... this is a new block, new pistons, new rings,
                same heads and intake... so to me its a process of elimination... it has to be in the upper end
                because the heads and intake have been on 2 different engines now with the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                  these heads (I think)
                  Well it's gonna REALLY bug the shit outta you if it fixes it!!!! You think you're bugged NOW?? I think you may of pulled the trigger a little early outta frustration. Not like you're gonna get shit back anyhow, really..

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                    Well it's gonna REALLY bug the shit outta you if it fixes it!!!! You think you're bugged NOW?? I think you may of pulled the trigger a little early outta frustration. Not like you're gonna get shit back anyhow, really..
                    I set a do or die day... today was it.. I wont have the intake on till tomorrow.... I
                    dont care about the few bucks.... I just threw another 3K at this thing to get
                    this engine together... so whats a few bucks... but I did set the dead line... I didnt
                    make it
                    Last edited by MR P-BODY; August 15, 2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

sorry to hear it P-body. I just dropped as well, like Jake there's just too much going on right now for me to do this. I'm kinda crushed.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I dropped as well. Got an offer from a buddy to buy the nova so it now has a new home. Maybe I'll be back again some year.. Thinking of doing a studebaker for the gasser class.
                        Last edited by dougs67; August 15, 2013, 04:23 PM.
                        Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

Like flys
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            Like flys
                            I sure hope the guys on the waiting list are ready

Comment

My dead line date is the day of drag week. Who don't have your shit done you still have 3 weeks!!

Comment

Gees I didn't think so many would give up.
                                "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Working...
                                X