Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
    Are ALL you candy-asses dropping out??
    Dropping out I don't think so, leaving for DW tomorrow after work stopping in Tulsa for the Saturday night drags to do some testing then onto Michigan to see my mom and sister and some more testing before I leave from there to do DW.

Comment

Originally posted by clarks body shop View Post
      My dead line date is the day of drag week. Who don't have your shit done you still have 3 weeks!!
      EXACTLY!!!!! Bailing before the 8th is pretty soft. You might want to accept that maybe you were not cut out for an event like DW. You gotta put your big boy pants on for DW to participate in the first place.. DW is NOT for everyone, that's for sure!

There is a reason Larry larson has won so many times, anyone remember what his car looked like days before DW 2008!??! Oh yeah, he went on to win, and has won ever since!!

Click on the link below to see what Larson was dealing with just days before DW 2008!

From the HOT ROD Power Tour and Drag Week, to Four Wheeler's Overland Adventure, Roadkill Nights, and more, you'll find the latest automotive events at MotorTrend.
      Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; August 15, 2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

up until today I was having ignition issues and there was still no way I was even considering dropping out. if I had to be messing with it in the parking lot at the hotel in Kentucky then I would have been.
        "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
          up until today I was having ignition issues and there was still no way I was even considering dropping out. if I had to be messing with it in the parking lot at the hotel in Kentucky then I would have been.
          Did you find them? Bad MSD box had me a few tenths off last DW.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

EXACTLY!!!!! Bailing before the 8th is pretty soft. You might want to accept that maybe you were not cut out for an event like DW. You gotta put your big boy pants on for DW to participate in the first place.. DW is NOT for everyone, that's for sure!
            Big boy pants....BS ... you think I want to drop out... kiss my ass........I spent
            2 years building this from the ground up... thats something you will never do

Comment

I didnt give up in 2011 when I blew it up a week before DW started. I pulled out the ass national and overnighted alot of stuff and thrashed on it all week. Started it the night before I had to leave, drove it down the street and on the trailer. It broke in on the drive from Topeka. Not saying anything about you Mr P body. I really wanted to see that little truck.
              Last edited by poison gas; August 15, 2013, 08:12 PM.
              Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Was a bad grid 7730 box.
                "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                  Big boy pants....BS ... you think I want to drop out... kiss my ass........I spent
                  2 years building this from the ground up... thats something you will never do
                  You're right, I've built circle track late models from the ground up in a couple weeks, then went out and ran very hard without troubles, so you're right, never take 2 years building a car from the ground up. We had a bare chassis one week, next week it was a bodied car, ready to race!

Get pissed off at me all ya want for saying what others are thinking.. I've raced my whole life, and stuff that requires WAY more than what it takes to keep a freaking bracket car going! I raced serious circle track stuff, and you NEVER stop working on them, sometimes you wad them up one weekend, and work all night long, all week long to make it out the next weekend, PLUS work a job! Unless you raced stuff like that, you got no clue what working til you can't see straight for days and days on end is about.

Please don't preach to me, I'm the wrong guy for that nonsense..

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping you would make it, and kinda' surprised you tossed the towel so early..
                  Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; August 15, 2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
                    I didnt give up in 2011 when I blew it up a week before DW started. I pulled out the ass national and overnighted alot of stuff and thrashed on it all week. Started it the night before I had to leave, drove it down the street and on the trailer. It broke in on the drive from Topeka.
                    I'm glad for you.... whats so hard to understand I had a dead line.. I
                    didnt make.. I still dont know if it would be done by the we leave...
                    you have no clue how much money I've been throwing at this thing
                    to make it there... but being retired I dont make the money I use to..
                    I'll still be there and I will have it ready for next year

Comment

You're right, I've built circle track late models from the ground up in a couple weeks, then went out and ran very hard without troubles, so you're right, never take 2 years building a car from the ground up. We had a bare chassis one week, next week it was a bodied car, ready to race!

Get pissed off at me all ya want for saying what others are thinking.. I've raced my whole life, and stuff that requires WAY more than what it takes to keep a freaking bracket car going! I raced serious circle track stuff, and you NEVER stop working on them, sometimes you wad them up one weekend, and work all night long, all week long to make it out the next weekend, PLUS work a job! Unless you raced stuff like that, you got no clue what working til you can't see straight for days and days on end is about.

Please don't preach to me, I'm the wrong guy for that nonsense..

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping you would make it, and kinda' surprised you tossed the towel so early..
                      BIG deal.... I use to build roundy round cars years ago so I could drag race....I've
                      been playing this shit for over 40 years..... and I've learned that when you use up
                      the money you NEVER take it from saving unless your a idiot
                      EDIT
                      I still have to work on my truck and trailer to go with my buddy and thats
                      money and time.... maybe I should hire you ... or maybe I should go asking
                      for donations..... sign my hood for money... yeah right
                      Last edited by MR P-BODY; August 15, 2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

BIG deal.... I use to build roundy round cars years ago so I could drag race....I've
                        been playing this shit for over 40 years..... and I've learned that when you use up
                        the money you NEVER take it from saving unless your a idiot
                        EDIT
                        I still have to work on my truck and trailer to go with my buddy and thats
                        money and time.... maybe I should hire you ... or maybe I should go asking
                        for donations..... sign my hood for money...
                        yeah right
                        You could always do that!! See, NOW you're figuring it out!

Take that shit from savings, how the hell longer you figure you'll be needing it?? You plan on taking that shit with you??
                        Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; August 15, 2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

You could always do that!! See, NOW you're figuring it out!

Take that shit from savings, how the hell longer you figure you'll be needing it?? You plan on taking that shit with you??
                          Eddie you really should learn to close your mouth at times.... the wife and
                          I do a lot with our lives... its not going into this.... and we take more vacations
                          than you will ever think of... so is that bad in your mind.... this year 1 1/2 months
                          in Texas, next year its Africa

Comment

Eddie you really should learn to close your mouth at times.... the wife and
                            I do a lot with our lives... its not going into this.... and we take more vacations
                            than you will ever think of... so is that bad in your mind.... this year 1 1/2 months
                            in Texas, next year its Africa
                            OK, you win! You want a good stepson??
                            Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; August 15, 2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

OK, you win! You want a good stepson??
                              Nope... cost enough just for the two of use... we dont go cheap

Comment

You guys are silly. I dont care what your reason is. I'm just glad you did it! I posted a month ago for the early birds that weren't serious to drop out. I got a lot a hell nos from the same people that are dropping out. I told Jenny I was so ready that I had 2 cars ready and her reply was I could have only one spot so I took it! So today I offered my spare engine to another drag week guy so he could go. I'm with Eddie. In 2010 I put a blown 383 in my malibu. I melted a piston in 3 weeks of testing and put the old engine in on August 25th. On its test pass the crank broke in half. That same day I pulled that engine and started building another with parts from the blower engine and the broken engine. In 3 days it was running again and made its 1st quarter mile pass on Dragweek and ended up winning! It can be done, you just gotta want to do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X