Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Vehicle from Pre-Registered Question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing Vehicle from Pre-Registered Question?

    I am pre-registered, however I will not be taking the vehicle which is listed on the E-Ticket. My "plan B" is my girlfriends 2007 Mustang GT which is registered and insured in her name, but she has to work and can't make the trip. Does the owner of the vehicle have to be at tech or can I just change the vehicle and owner info during tech? I have always been the owner/driver in the past and this has not been an issue. The rules state that the vehicle just has to have valid registration/ insurance and the driver has to have a valid drivers license. Any info would help, thanks.
    Last edited by six-pack; August 16, 2013, 10:44 PM.

  • #2
    the car has to have tags and you have to be insured to drive it and have a drivers license. Shouldn't be a problem, you won't be the only guy holding his girlfriends purse... errrr... driving her car.

    email [email protected] if you want a valid opinion. I don't think it will be a problem. Have the insurance card, valid plates, your license, and you are probably fine.

    Lots of cars will probably show up as "Plan B" and may or may not be the SO's car.
    Last edited by Beagle; August 16, 2013, 02:05 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

    Comment


    • #3
      That registration rule is aimed more at rental cars than anything else. No Hertz Corvettes or Shelby's. I have no idea where that rule came from.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

      Comment


      • #4
        I emailed [email protected] for the answer. How long will it take for a response?...lol

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd look to get positive confirmation around 9/10. Seriously, it won't be an issue as long as you have the registration and insurance information and a permission slip from the GF.



          (JK about the last one)
          Last edited by CDMBill; August 16, 2013, 02:42 PM.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
            I'd look to get posyive confirmation around 9/10. Seriously, it won't be an issue as long as you have the registration and insurance information and a permission slip from the GF.



            (JK about the last one)
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

              Comment


              • #8
                That's one helluva Scabble tile Beags!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ix-to-4sixzero
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                  That registration rule is aimed more at rental cars than anything else. No Hertz Corvettes or Shelby's. I have no idea where that rule came from.
                  Cough,cough,cough.LOL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by six-pack View Post
                    I am pre-registered, however I will not be taking the vehicle which is listed on the E-Ticket. My "plan B" is my girlfriends 2007 Mustang GT which is registered and insured in her name, but she has to work and can't make the trip. Does the owner of the vehicle have to be at tech or can I just change the vehicle and owner info during tech? I have always been the owner/driver in the past and this has not been an issue. The rules state that the vehicle just has to have valid registration/ insurance and the driver has to have a valid drivers license. Any info would help, thanks.
                    Has anybody entered and raced a car they did not own?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rental cars are not allowed, but Milner351 ran a GTO he did not own, he may have details on how it's done or what's allowed.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Matt was there with him - I don't think hired guns are a problem, just hired cars. The spirit of the event is who's got the fastest street car, not the fastest rental?
                        Last edited by Beagle; August 17, 2013, 10:02 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by six-pack View Post
                          Has anybody entered and raced a car they did not own?
                          <<< did it last year. just make sure you have the registration and proof of insurance.
                          Neal

                          Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                            <<< did it last year. just make sure you have the registration and proof of insurance.
                            Thanks Nesabo!!!! That's what I wanted to hear, especially from a fellow Drag Week'r. Been at it since 2009 myself and didn't want to miss out this year. 1/2 Refunds are for losers. lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              Matt was there with him - I don't think hired guns are a problem, just hired cars. The spirit of the event is who's got the fastest street car, not the fastest rental?
                              It's not as fast as the pre-registered car, its just I refuse to throw in the towel. Been at it since 2009, its my working vacation!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X