No announcement yet.

Just an update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug took that car apart to rebuild it and do Drag Week the next year, of course we won't talk about what year that was. It looks like it was worth the wait, the car looks show quality gorgeous
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

thanks for all the kind words. My good friend Jeff will be riding shotgun. He is the one responsible for the cars looks, he is an artist at what he does. he is constantly telling me" dont touch anything that is black or red, and wipe of my fingerprints off the chrome. "
      stop and say hi to him , he will be the guy following my with quick detailer and microfiber towels !
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
        thanks for all the kind words. My good friend Jeff will be riding shotgun. He is the one responsible for the cars looks, he is an artist at what he does. he is constantly telling me" dont touch anything that is black or red, and wipe of my fingerprints off the chrome. "
        stop and say hi to him , he will be the guy following my with quick detailer and microfiber towels !
        If he gets board of polishing... beer bitch is never done
        Last edited by quick 52; August 24, 2013, 07:22 AM.
        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

It dont look good, I just cant get this POS to run right, after swapping carbs, ign. boxes, I dont know what to do. less than 2 weeks and I still havent driven t yet. complete f-ing failure.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

That's a sharp '64. I'd love to get my '66 to DW some year. Once I get a decent motor in it.
            1990 Chevrolet 454SS Pickup - 2 time Power Tour participant (2002 & 2007), Long Hauler in 2007
            1966 Pontiac GTO Hardtop - 3x2, 4speed fully restored with some mods
            1996 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab/Short Bed

Comment

id be afraid to work on something that nice....

Comment

Keep at it car looks awesome dont give up yet your are too close now!! Walk away for a day then come back to it. Start off with your basics even drop an HEI with single wire to get car running eliminate variables then start over with msd ( making spark disappear) carb etc. good luck and see you in bowling green!

Comment

msd ( making spark disappear) Good one. LOL
                  Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
                    msd ( making spark disappear) Good one. LOL
                    LOL thats great!
                    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

You're a master mechanic Doug, FIX IT!
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

thats the problem....im stuck at work , thinking about this, not making any money, while thinking about this
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

it was my msd hvc coil. who woulda thunk that a coil that worked fine last year, would fail!
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Problem solved! Fantastic! Did you find it by measuring the resistance of the primary and secondary side compared to MSD specs or?

Strange - typically coils either work, or they don't.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I had my buddy ( its in his shop ) try a different coil, fire up , ran clean , and started cleaning its plugs up. it was sitting on the shelf since i fired the engine last year. remember my car has been a 7 year project. i didnt think they could go bad by sitting, but DF and Turk had one go bad in the camaro at b-ville. that was sitting for a few years too. I will ohm it when I get down there tonight.
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Interesting - another reason to carry a spare!
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X