daily driver class question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daily driver class question

Going over the rules for the daily driver class and had a question. Says we will be running a 32 car field. I assume it will be the fastest 32 cars based on slips turned in?

yes, the top 32 average times.

Daily driver should have a 10.8 lower limit, last year I think the top 32 were right at 13.0 or faster, I think the top spot was right at 11. From there, it's a bracket race.
    Last edited by Beagle; August 19, 2013, 04:35 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Anybody remember what the cut off was last year?

Comment

Originally posted by trophystock View Post
        Anybody remember what the cut off was last year?
        13.0 five day average

Last edited by Beagle; August 19, 2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Reply with a link, you the man

Comment

Beags knows all that computter stuff. I don't even know how to post a photo or change my avitar.
            I think cut off would have been a couple of tenths lower if Friday wasn't a rain out. Some could not come back on Saturday.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

It was right at 13.0 because some of the cars in had to go home after Friday, 12.45 or so before that. Going to be 12.37 this year, write it down, I guarantee it!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                OUCH! Some of us don't need a link to remember . . . Missed the cut (13.0096) . . . and the magazine story . . . by THIRTY-EIGHT TEN THOUSANTHS (.0038 ) OF A SECOND. http://stblogs.hotrod.com/files/2012...s-Finals-1.jpg
                Last edited by 38P; August 20, 2013, 03:03 AM.

Comment

That THIRTY-EIGHT TEN THOUSANTHS (.0038 ) has probably cost me well in excess of $20,000, with no end in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                    That THIRTY-EIGHT TEN THOUSANTHS (.0038 ) has probably cost me well in excess of $20,000, with no end in sight.
                    it was probably the last .0001 that cost the 20,000

Comment

I think top 32 will be faster this year, I feel it will take a high 11 to low 12 second average to get into the bracket race.

Hope not, but have that feeling.
                      Last edited by Lilracr; August 20, 2013, 04:05 AM.
                      -Bobby-

Comment

They should take the guy with the best average R.T and make it a 33 car field..everybody loves a bye run..and everybody knows E.T dosent meen a thing in real bracket racing as long as it stays the same.give all us slow guys somthing to shoot for.

Comment

DW doesn't pay any attention to R.T. until the big bracket race. They don't even track it. The DW "insiders" poo-poo it. It's not in the "spirit" of the event.

I had an 0.00 at Gilliam last year. Lohnes was the only one who even noticed (the HRM "cube hivers" sure didn't). And some BSers on here still don't believe it.

Comment

DW doesn't pay any attention to R.T. until the big bracket race. They don't even track it. The DW "insiders" poo-poo it. It's not in the "spirit" of the event.

I had an 0.00 at Gilliam last year. Lohnes was the only one who even noticed (the HRM "cube hivers" sure didn't). And some BSers on here still don't believe it.
                            Do it again and show us......
                            -Bobby-

Comment

So your bragging about beling late on a red light?

Comment

Working...
                              X