Which car to bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which car to bring?

Most of you have seen the Blue LX and I was thinking of bringing the Futura. Lot of you guys have not seen the Futura, and its a blast to drive. The Futura would run DD. It is supercharged and a 5 speed.
    Attached Files

Which accomplishment is more important or appealing to you, coming back with the Mustang for new personal best and a shot at a Jacket, or bringing the Futura and gunning for the top 32 and rowing the gears in the final day index race for all the glory?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Its your vacation! Bring the one that will make you the Happiest! Having been to The Ohio Mile and not DW I have seen the Futura, and not the LX.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Tom, what the hay, you got choices? Just make sure you bring the one you wish you brought when you get to Bowling Green...lol

No choices for us - we will be bringing the Truck again. I've been busting butt trying to get my '40 Coupe DragWeek ready but it will have to wait until next year.

See you in Bowling Green Hardy Handshakes - Swede
        DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

I would have thought you would want to bring the LX back... it looks
          like it runs strong and fun to drive

Comment

The lx of course
            "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Tom, I also had a choice this year. I've brought the same car the last two years. The second year I made alittle more power than the first year and hit my 10.50 avg. goal. Was planning on stepping up power again this year, but it didn't happen. So I figured I would bring the truck I built last year to be my everyday work truck and run DD, just for something different. It won't even be close to making the top 32. But looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I like the way Bill put it, (which accomplishment is more important to you)

Jason
              Attached Files
              Last edited by prostreet34; August 26, 2013, 06:38 PM.
              2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
              2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
              all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Been thinking (no comments needed). After watching Larry's vid and watching Roadkill, and seeing DF cars fail, sort of. I am considering driving the LX to Drag Week with no trailer. Then hope there is enough car to make the drive home the central Ill.
                Also Jason you have some nice pieces. I will show you what an Illinois work truck looks like
                See all soon, looking forward to sept, Tom
                Last edited by TomV8; August 26, 2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Joining the no trailer club....nice! Good luck, see you there
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I have no doubt my car would make it from jersey to there. But I'm not willing to put the extra stress into it. See ya soon Tom.
                    "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

I'm thinking about driving the falcon down as the engine break in run and to work some bugs out - since it probably wont run or move under it's own power before labor day!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Tom you know what a stickler for true street cars I am. If you can fit everything in the mustang, rock it to 9's all week buddy!

Comment

I like the futura. But the LX is a bad ass. I have to drive mine. My truck and trailer would not make it to BG
                          used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Truck and trailer wouldn't make it Paul? Just "nurse it" there or just bring that fine ride you always bring. Doesn't really matter how you get there, just do it. I am glad you got in. Can't wait to see you.

Comment

The desion has been made leaving Homer IL now

Comment

Working...
                              X