Auto Insurance. Who do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Insurance. Who do you use?

Have used Progressive just to cover the car on the street. But that will just replace a 1983 Capri! Having my ins. guy price Hagerty. Then I can insure it for $25,000 for $477 a year?

State Farm

I have three collectors / hot rods full coverage. avg $9.00 per month each avg insured value is $12k each.

$500 deductible

Cannot drive between December to March

multi vehicle plan and (six cars & house)
    Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
    Drag Week 2011 DD
    Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
    Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Heacock Classic. $ 311 1 year, full coverage, agreed value, covers power adders, must be in locked home garage storage, less than 2500 miles per year, I think it's a $250 deductible if I remember correctly.

Comment

I believe i put 38k as the value. heacock had no problem and was quick to insure. From what I've heard they're good to deal with on claims.

Comment

Farm Bureau. It's a junky old truck. Liability only.
          wish I had something worth insuring.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Grundy, ~$165/year at 25k value, and another at ~$130/year for $16k value. Had a couple of claims with no problems and no premium increase!

Comment

I doubt anyone will insure my Skylark for what I have in it. The State Farm rep was surprised I put well over the "12,000" miles they expected on it just about every year.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Still looking for someone that will insure a daily driven car for agreed value.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

farmers..my agent is a car guy so he understands...

Comment

I tried my farmers agent (been using them for 30 years), no dice.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      Still looking for someone that will insure a daily driven car for agreed value.
                      My State Farm agent told me they'd do it if I had a signed appraisal. Though they did tell me that before they found out how much I actually drove the car despite naming it my primary vehicle.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

i use hagerty, and had a major claim( over500k in hospital bills) no problem, but ive been hearing really good things about chrome.
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.
                        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Grundy for the c-10 110.oo a year 10k agreed value.
                          monte SS grundy 160.oo a year at 15k
                          indy and sport trac through liberty mutual and pay through the nose as wife has 2 wrecks

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                            i use hagerty, and had a major claim( over500k in hospital bills) no problem, but ive been hearing really good things about chrome.
                            Yikes! What happened?

Comment

Thanks for the reminder - I've been with Hagerty on the old cars for 9 years now - went to renew and thought I'd compare with Grundy - Grundy was $400 more a year! I guess I'll stay with Hagerty!
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X