No announcement yet.

Can We Run With an IHRA Chassis Cert???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Run With an IHRA Chassis Cert???

I am having an almost impossible time arranging a chassis inspection and cert with NHRA, been trying for weeks now, our local guy runs the national circuit, and is never in town, and the guy north of me has yet to return my calls.. We have no local NHRA tracks down here anymore, so NHRA does not seem to give a crap about us!

Our local track is IHRA, matter of fact, they OWN IHRA, same people who own Memphis, and I could get an IHRA inspection pretty quick, I'm sure..

Rules state NHRA safety regs and cert, but either NHRA or IHRA license for the driver... Go figure..

I'd get the IHRA cert and maybe plead your case?
    Last edited by AdvAutoBob; August 28, 2013, 09:18 AM.
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Call BG, Maybe they will have someone there on Sunday that can cert.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Is the IHRA cert already current? The other alternative is scheduling an NHRA cert stop on the way to BG or doing it at BG as I'd think you'd have a good chance of having one the NHRA guys there for the Holley LS Fest that over laps the start of DW. The other question could be to arrange it with the Beech Bend tech staff themselves as they make the saftey equipment approval call in any event, not HRM staff.

You aren't the only one who is down to the wire on this issue.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

We have always run IHRA cert with a NHRA license in the past. I'm not saying they will let you this year but in the past it has always been fine.
          Drag Week 2009 winner BB/NA
          Drag Week 2010 second BB/NA
          Drag week 2011 Winner Modified/NA
          Drag week 2012 Winner SS BB/NA

Comment

I think they are having a chassis cert day in BG on Friday I think have to see if find link

Comment

Nhra guy will be in bg on friday the 6th
              86 Mustang
              454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

I was told Nhra license.
                86 Mustang
                454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

they cert dirdybird at the track a couple years back
                  Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                  Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

We have a guy north of me, I got his number from our local guy who finally answered his phone after weeks, but he's not answering his messages either!! Really starting to piss me the hell off!! I've been working in this for weeks! I would go to our local IHRA track and get it cert'd there if I could..
                    Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; August 28, 2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Any NHRA track I've run wanted a NHRA cert... IHRA will allow the NHRA cert
                      (at least they did a couple years ago)... so on my car I have both certs
                      EDIT
                      call BG to see if they will have a chassis cert on the Friday.. if so
                      make a appointment
                      Last edited by MR P-BODY; August 28, 2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I find it hilarious you have waited this long to check into this, but I'm not surprised.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                          I find it hilarious you have waited this long to check into this, but I'm not surprised.
                          "couldn't make it no chassis cert"
                          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                              Asshole, what's freakin funny?!?! I've been calling them for weeks! WTF part of that can't you understand, dumbass!?

Comment

Working...
                              X