Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going with no real road/track time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38P
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Need fuel line with cooling fins.
    Or to not recirculate so much fuel (several ways to do that, IMO)

(too bad most of these say "not for fuel injection" and don't seem to come in the big -10 & -12 sizes)

Maybe a large marine-style oil cooler would have sufficient flow and pressure capacity . . . . If so, you could get fairly trick with that.

Leave a comment:

• tsanchez
    replied
    Originally posted by guidos View Post
    Well I installed the motor, drove 240 miles made 3 passes, hot weather DA 5300 went 11.07@127mph with a shitty launch, then took her drag dress off and drove another 240 miles home.... Monday we are starting the 2200 mile drive to BG, no trailer by a shit load of spare parts in the trunk! 722hp and a overdrive cant wait! Have to check where I can use the radar detector!!

Nice job!!

Leave a comment:

• guidos
    replied
    Well I installed the motor, drove 240 miles made 3 passes, hot weather DA 5300 went 11.07@127mph with a shitty launch, then took her drag dress off and drove another 240 miles home.... Monday we are starting the 2200 mile drive to BG, no trailer by a shit load of spare parts in the trunk! 722hp and a overdrive cant wait! Have to check where I can use the radar detector!!

Leave a comment:

• BlackGTO
    replied
    Hope I ain't jinxing me self but I've have a controller on my a1000 and no issues as of now. Not an enormous amount of time/miles/hours in about 3 yrs of installation though. Was on a wheel dyno thurs and thurs pm pulled trani and converter and they are on their way to N Carolina. Won't see them till next thurs or fri. Going to try. Never got a good pull on dyno. Might be riding a Goat again.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Need fuel line with cooling fins.

Leave a comment:

• 79camaro
    replied
    Just one day at the track this year but lots of road miles.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Carl had a number of issues with his aeromotive controller last year in his orange / black '55 - they got it sorted out after a few days but I don't recall what the solution was... I hope he chimes in here.

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    I'm curious to see how well the controller works. And how it's activated to return to full power.

Leave a comment:

• Dave_62
    replied
    About 400 road miles and no passes on a old heap that has had nearly everything
    replaced/changed/modified. What could go wrong?
    Last edited by Dave_62; August 30, 2013, 09:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 73fish
    replied
    Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    Mikes deal is injected. And I'm pretty sure he runs a return style aeromotive setup. If he says the fuel is heating up he's pretty sure of it. All my fuel hoses from the trans forward are run in sleeving with reflective coating. I run a product engineering electric with a -8 bypass and a dead head regulator with a .022 bleed to keep it consistent. Is it all sleeved with heat sleeve?
    Yes it is complete Aeromotive return style system, with #10 feed and return lines, 10 GA wires to the pump. I have exhaust wrap, and a controler on the way.
    Last year when this happened I just put a bag of ice on the cell with a hole ripped in it, and the problem was solved.

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    no driving as of yet and no passes.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Originally posted by 73fish View Post
    Been driving mine on and off all year between changing and testing. Drove it out to get fuel, it was 98 degs today and the water and oil temperature ran 190 deg. at 70+ MPH. The vapor locking I still need to work on, the fuel gets hot and boils in the tank and then the fuel pressure starts droping. I plan on wrapping the exhaust where it goes by the tank. Any other sugestions??????
    I also run the Aeromotive A1000 with filters hung across the front of the stock type steel tank. Lots of cooling air there. Lines are protected with Thermotech cooling tubes where close to heat. Earls' nylon braided under the hood, well away from hot engine parts. The fuel rails are cooler than surrounding hard parts due to cooler fuel. Lines are braided SS on outside of frame rails, -10 to and from regulator. I tried 5 gallon cell with pump in trunk to save weight at DW '11' boiled fuel after two laps at KCIR in 90* heat on Sunday. No issues with stock 20 gal. Tank 1/4 full and external mount pump & filters.

Leave a comment:

• ksj2
    replied
    Testing at hPT on the 6th Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Whalen
    replied
    I drove mine to get ice cream. does that count. We have no track in Kc and I have not made it out to Heartland.

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    Mikes deal is injected. And I'm pretty sure he runs a return style aeromotive setup. If he says the fuel is heating up he's pretty sure of it. All my fuel hoses from the trans forward are run in sleeving with reflective coating. I run a product engineering electric with a -8 bypass and a dead head regulator with a .022 bleed to keep it consistent. Is it all sleeved with heat sleeve?
    Last edited by slimbo5; August 29, 2013, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X