Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going with no real road/track time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirrel
    replied
    That's what Sunday is for!

Leave a comment:

• AdvAutoBob
    replied
    Should have mine ready for road testing by Tuesday... no time for track testing, but that's alright

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    If I somehow manage to receive the rest of the parts in time and get "Plan A" (Codename: Speedway 7) together, it will have had virtually zero road miles and no formal testing prior to driving it to BG.

And because I've focused exclusively on getting "Plan A" together, I've participated in no automotive events this year except for a day of the Hot Rod Power Tour. So "Plan B" has no track time testing any of the "fixes" for last year's fiasco.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

"You win a few and lose a few along the way, and winning is more fun than losing. But ultimately when you look back, that’s not the be-all and end-all in life. And if it is, you’ve really got a problem." -- Jim Wacker (1937-2003)
    Go Speedy Go!

Leave a comment:

• ksuhre
    replied
    Haven't had it on a track since DW12. Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    I got 8 passes in the other night and it has about 250 miles on it. Last year it had maybe 1000 miles and lots of passes.

I just changed mufflers and taking the potatoes(flowmasters) out of the tailpipes really threw my air fuel ratio for a loop. Its one whole point more rich at cruise and 1.5 at the limited WOT I was able to due. Now I know why this thing didn't respond to jet or carb changes....it was constipated!

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    If I somehow manage to receive the rest of the parts in time and get "Plan A" (Codename: Speedway 7) together, it will have had virtually zero road miles and no formal testing prior to driving it to BG.

And because I've focused exclusively on getting "Plan A" together, I've participated in no automotive events this year except for a day of the Hot Rod Power Tour. So "Plan B" has no track time testing any of the "fixes" for last year's fiasco.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

"You win a few and lose a few along the way, and winning is more fun than losing. But ultimately when you look back, that’s not the be-all and end-all in life. And if it is, you’ve really got a problem." -- Jim Wacker (1937-2003)

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    its been tested ,but not near as much as id like....around 350 road miles and 8 passes on the track,,and not one pass with full throttle.

Leave a comment:

• LAGNAF
    replied
    I drive my truck quiet often.. BUT......... After DW '12 I swore my engine was coming out for a "freshining up"

Family life is more important, and the 53 was put on the back burner. I still drove it until about 1 1/2 weeks ago when I pulled the engine!

As it sits now, the motor is in and bolted up. Just need to finish with all the stuff that goes on it. No real changes besides gapless rings and a new converter.

The only testing it will have are trips back and forth to work for the next few days... wide open throttle will happen as long as there are clear roads ahead of me!!

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Anderson
    replied
    the first 30 miles is always the trail of tears.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Tons of road time, zero track time since last drag week, which have a few significant changes. So I shouldn't have any issue making it there. After day 1 though it's a crap shoot day to day.

Leave a comment:

• tsanchez
    replied
    Our tracks closed, after last year I swore it would be all dialed in and ready to go hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Last time I really drove it was last yr drag week and I had started the new engine monday before we left, now its the same deal untested and no tuning in. Oh well hope it makes it.
    Last edited by tsanchez; August 29, 2013, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Anderson
    started a topic Who is going with no real road/track time?

Who is going with no real road/track time?

I am taking a car that has no road miles or passes with it's current combo. Milner sounds to be in the same boat, as is a couple of friends. So who else is being a dumb ass like us?
Working...
X