Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going with no real road/track time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    Pro stock scoop on the trunk lid to cool the cell down. Or raise the front of the trunk lid to get some air in there for the drives. Be sure to close it if we hit rain.
    I vote for quarterpanel scoops (or naca ducts) that you could close if needed

Comment

I've run an Aeromotve controller for a few years now, including the last two DW's. Well over 12,000 miles on a carb. set up with return system. Using Aeromotive's stealth set up with A1000 pump inside the full cell. All over kill for my power level, but have never had a fuel issue.
      2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
      2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
      all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
        Nice job!!
        Thanks, went to another track tonight, closer 3400' DA 11MPH headwind, went 10.63@ 128.5MPH with a 1.49 60', 1st time in the 10's!

Comment

Originally posted by 73fish View Post
          The vapor locking I still need to work on, the fuel gets hot and boils in the tank and then the fuel pressure starts droping. Any other sugestions??????
          The only 'true fix' I found was to use a pump controller and install a fuel cooler..(on the return side if EFI)..
          the big pumps make heat and move lots of fuel..
          and with EFI it's bringing all the engine heat back to the tank..
          I was also told by a Fuel Pump company that a return style system for a carb set-up prevents vapor lock..
          also..try not to let the fuel tank get below 1/2 tank..

just my .02

Comment

What kind of fuel cooler do you use?
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Less than a week and still haven't driven it! Had to pull he trans last night, fork touching the bolts on the pressure plate!
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Good catch though, that would been a mess. It's sounds you're in good shape Doug as last minute DW thrashes go.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

bill are you gonna be there? Would love to put a face with the name and car!
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                    Just look for the straw hat.
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Blazer's first drag strip pass since Tulsa last year will be Bowling Green.
                      D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                        I'm only spectating this year, I'll see everybody at BG on Friday. But yeah look for the big hat.

Comment

Tonight was our first time out of the garage for a few miles... Zero track time so far, but we're hoping to hit a test and tune this week... Glad we're not the only ones not sleeping, lol.

Here's some video from tonight...

Comment

Working...
                          X