Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going with no real road/track time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domin8Tuning
    replied
    Tonight was our first time out of the garage for a few miles... Zero track time so far, but we're hoping to hit a test and tune this week... Glad we're not the only ones not sleeping, lol.

Here's some video from tonight...
    http://youtu.be/9emikIf1RFg

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
    bill are you gonna be there? Would love to put a face with the name and car!
    I'm only spectating this year, I'll see everybody at BG on Friday. But yeah look for the big hat.

Leave a comment:

• ProCharged509
    replied
    Blazer's first drag strip pass since Tulsa last year will be Bowling Green.

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
    Just look for the straw hat.

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Good catch though, that would been a mess. It's sounds you're in good shape Doug as last minute DW thrashes go.

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    Less than a week and still haven't driven it! Had to pull he trans last night, fork touching the bolts on the pressure plate!

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    What kind of fuel cooler do you use?

Leave a comment:

• MattSwindle
    replied
    Originally posted by 73fish View Post
    The vapor locking I still need to work on, the fuel gets hot and boils in the tank and then the fuel pressure starts droping. Any other sugestions??????
    The only 'true fix' I found was to use a pump controller and install a fuel cooler..(on the return side if EFI)..
    the big pumps make heat and move lots of fuel..
    and with EFI it's bringing all the engine heat back to the tank..
    I was also told by a Fuel Pump company that a return style system for a carb set-up prevents vapor lock..
    also..try not to let the fuel tank get below 1/2 tank..

just my .02

Leave a comment:

• guidos
    replied
    Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
    Nice job!!
    Thanks, went to another track tonight, closer 3400' DA 11MPH headwind, went [email protected] 128.5MPH with a 1.49 60', 1st time in the 10's!

Leave a comment:

• prostreet34
    replied
    I've run an Aeromotve controller for a few years now, including the last two DW's. Well over 12,000 miles on a carb. set up with return system. Using Aeromotive's stealth set up with A1000 pump inside the full cell. All over kill for my power level, but have never had a fuel issue.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    Pro stock scoop on the trunk lid to cool the cell down. Or raise the front of the trunk lid to get some air in there for the drives. Be sure to close it if we hit rain.
    I vote for quarterpanel scoops (or naca ducts) that you could close if needed

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    "cool cans" have been barred by NHRA and most tracks for a long time because they leak or drip condensation onto the track.

Because in-trunk fuel cells are in essence insulated containers in a hot box they contribute to the problem and might well need a finned tube or other kind of external cooler.

I used the Aeromtive controller for years with no issues. It uses a tach signal to determine the rpm point where it goes from low volume to high volume. I disconnected it last year when I was chasing a strange reading on my fuel pressure and saw no difference, but my tank is steel in stock location under trunk which helps with cooling. The contoller could make a huge difference with a fuel cell, as volume drops by about half even though it still holds pressure.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    Pro stock scoop on the trunk lid to cool the cell down. Or raise the front of the trunk lid to get some air in there for the drives. Be sure to close it if we hit rain.
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X