Well I pulled the plug on mine yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    Doc and I will be in his 67 Camaro with a LS engine in it.
    Oh great. They're going to whip us with another LESS . . . . I may just have to wear a paper bag over my helmet from the impending shame . . . .

Comment

While the A/C is on even
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Bummer. Well either the parking lots are going to be fun or it's my turn to have tons of trouble =P
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
          no way...........

BTW, I tried out the converter on the road.. no time for a TNT.... Seems to have woke up my 60'!!!!!!!!
          Nothing like a good convertor hope it helps

Comment

Don't worry Jeff - my car will need plenty of help, you won't be bored!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
              I will piddle till time to leave. I do want to thank Geek for coming in for his Labor Day Vacation another year. I want to go on record for what ever you hear it is nothing he did I just was not ready when he got here and wasted all the time still wiring the car. We ran into a crank signal problem and no good way to diag. it. Put the car together in my new barn using a gen for power and one florescent light this year.

Doc and I will be in his 67 Camaro with a LS engine in it. I am looking forwards to meeting more guys and seeing their cars this year.
              I need to get a hold of Eddie, I need some advice on use of the HOSE!
              HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
              HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
              FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Crank sensor issues. I HATE crank sensor issues. A substandard crank signal kept my Shelby clone out of the race last year, and caused me to ditch the ems-pro for an MS3X (even though they supposedly use the same crank signal processing circuitry). What setup did you have trouble with Jeff? What EFI box, what crank sensor, and were you using a cam sensor to sync up? I went to the MS3X, Ford VR sensor for crank, and Cherry sensor for cam on my Mach 1 and it has been working great (fingers crossed....)

Comment

Yeah, here comes another Gen 1 LS Camaro with a stock motor running 10's!

This is dating my stuff by 35 years!
                  -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by jaybnve View Post
                    Crank sensor issues. I HATE crank sensor issues. A substandard crank signal kept my Shelby clone out of the race last year, and caused me to ditch the ems-pro for an MS3X (even though they supposedly use the same crank signal processing circuitry). What setup did you have trouble with Jeff? What EFI box, what crank sensor, and were you using a cam sensor to sync up? I went to the MS3X, Ford VR sensor for crank, and Cherry sensor for cam on my Mach 1 and it has been working great (fingers crossed....)

Ms3 with my Hamlin 55075 from the EMS Pro that had your mods in it

and msd cam which works great

Comment

Originally posted by jaybnve View Post
                      You an me both, Jay. I was glad I waited until '12 to take on my MS3X upgrade. I got lucky with my new wiring and grounds program and Scott worked his Magic as usual. It's been flawless since. It did take another long session to get the launch enrichment right though which cost me three tenths on average at DW last year, but it wasn't critical so we didn't chase it. I'm still using the LS1 crank sensor with the Cherry cam sensor. When are we goons see the Mach 1 again?

DAMMIT, I am bummed for you Jeff, as like everyone we wanted to see the big dog eat. I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of well rested guys at BG Thursday night.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I'm using a cherry sensor for the crank and a hacked HEI for a cam. It's amazing my junk even starts let alone runs with the frightening wiring I've done.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When i get back we will fix it and take it to the track its the same combo as last few years

Comment

sucks the wiring gremlins got you, guess you wont be able to try your new suspension mod

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Jeff will you be in or is Doc in...
                              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Jeff
                                sucks you won't have it there
                                you can ride with me for a while if you want.
                                Mine is in the air right now finishing some stuff and I will be at work early tomorrow getting the last couple things built.

Tim
                                86 Mustang
                                454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

Working...
                                X