No announcement yet.

Well I pulled the plug on mine yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that sucks... was hoping to see it eat.
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

That sucks,I know how you feel.

Comment

At least you will be there.
        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

The man can fix heads with JB weld and beer cans foiled by a crank trigger issue and he will be wheeling an LS powered car, Hmmmm...

Comment

That's what I said! =P
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Thought you had it whooped, sorry to hear this.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                Thought you had it whooped, sorry to hear this.
                My scope died, but the real issue is time. If everything went perfect it would have run OK, but since we only got about 2/3 of a day to do the entire electrical system on the car due to the other "usual setbacks" (which result in mad thrash at the last minute) - it wasn't going to happen. I prefer not to call it "crank sensor problems" more "time management problems." I can figure anything out with a little time, but I ran out - had to be back at my job at 6am the next morning, got home at 1am as it was...
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Mad thrash.

Understandable.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

Sorry to hear this Jeff but know the feeling all to well . But at least you will be along . See ya soon .

Comment

Your a good man geek. Jeff knows how much effort ya put into it and I'm sure he's grateful. Sometimes it's just not in the cards. But from what I hear the thrash continues. Keeping my fingers crossed for Jeff to get it going.
                      "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Sorry to hear the Blue Bu won't be there this year, was anxious to see how that thing really runs on all 8 cylinders and not sucking crankcase fumes through the intake ports. Was hoping someone has stepped up in SSSB/NA to give Jeff a better challenge than my underpowered tank gave him last year.

We are planning on returning in 2014, with an MS3x system being wired right now, might be looking for advice soon.

Comment

Jeff, if I have anything you need MS3X wise let me know and I'll over night it to you.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Thanks Bill I think GEEK and Randal have it, and I ordered parts today for a Cherry trigger
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                              My scope died, but the real issue is time. If everything went perfect it would have run OK, but since we only got about 2/3 of a day to do the entire electrical system on the car due to the other "usual setbacks" (which result in mad thrash at the last minute) - it wasn't going to happen. I prefer not to call it "crank sensor problems" more "time management problems." I can figure anything out with a little time, but I ran out - had to be back at my job at 6am the next morning, got home at 1am as it was...
                              Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                              Your a good man geek. Jeff knows how much effort ya put into it and I'm sure he's grateful. Sometimes it's just not in the cards. But from what I hear the thrash continues. Keeping my fingers crossed for Jeff to get it going.

Scott has always bailed me out from my problems, he has never been the issue, the car goes fast despite the handicap I always put Scott under. He has Gave up every Labor Day Weekend for I don't know how long for me. I cannot express the debt I owe him for ALL he has done on my car. Plus he is my son's Hero LOL Turbo's & power adders that does not come from me.
                              Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 5, 2013, 03:50 PM.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Hey Jeff, you got a grade 8 bolt I can have?

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X