Well I pulled the plug on mine yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I pulled the plug on mine yesterday

Well I pulled the plug on mine yesterday, crank sensor issues and everyone is out of time and days off just took to long for me to wire in the new EFI

We will be taking a DD car to watch everyone else tear stuff up. Hope there is time to get a Tee Shirt still
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Bummer... see you there

Comment

no way...........

BTW, I tried out the converter on the road.. no time for a TNT.... Seems to have woke up my 60'!!!!!!!!
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Bummer
        That leaves more time to pick your brain.... glad you're going to be there regardless of what you'll be driving.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
          Well I pulled the plug on mine yesterday, crank sensor issues and everyone is out of time and days off just took to long for me to wire in the new EFI

We will be taking a DD car to watch everyone else tear stuff up. Hope there is time to get a Tee Shirt still
          WHAT!?! Is this a late "April fools" joke? Doc and "Neil Peart"** both out? Mega bummer, Man!

**Yes, some of us have figured out that "McConnell" is really a thinly-disguised Neil Peart from that famous Canadian rock triad, Rush . . .

Comment

Lololol. Ill be glad to see ya either way buddy. This time we will get to hang out a bit.
            "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

RUMOR: Hot Rod is renaming the Daily Driver class the "Holding-My-Spot-in-Next-Year's-Queue-Because-My-Primary-Car's-Not-Ready" class.

(The SIM "cube hivers-in-charge" apparently rejected a renaming proposal from New York . . . . the "Only-Class-at-Drag-Week-With-Real-Racing" . . . . )

Comment

Thats a bummer, i was looking forward to seeing the car run in person.
                -Jeff
                Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Bummer, at least you are still coming. see you there
                  Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                  Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                  Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                  Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

The skeptic in me suggests there may be some leg-pulling here from those jokers in KC . . . .

Or perhaps there's an evil "sand bagger" scheme afoot to deprive 1956NY150 of his "real racing" class win . . . .

(Which, BTW, according to the 2013 Rules, will result in the award of a Hot Rod Drag Week (tm) class winner jacket http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/1308_...ag_week_rules/ )

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post

Bring your own blank tee, I'll have the sharpies ready. (and Cameron can draw)
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Jeff,
                        Hate to see the car will not be there, hope you still bring every sbc part known to break for those of us that may need it!

Glad to see you still coming, what car are you bringing?
                        -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                          Jeff,
                          Hate to see the car will not be there, hope you still bring every sbc part known to break for those of us that may need it!

Glad to see you still coming, what car are you bringing?
                          Mule!
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I am sure you put the plug back in, then pulled it out, then back in until you were finished.

Comment

I will piddle till time to leave. I do want to thank Geek for coming in for his Labor Day Vacation another year. I want to go on record for what ever you hear it is nothing he did I just was not ready when he got here and wasted all the time still wiring the car. We ran into a crank signal problem and no good way to diag. it. Put the car together in my new barn using a gen for power and one florescent light this year.

Doc and I will be in his 67 Camaro with a LS engine in it. I am looking forwards to meeting more guys and seeing their cars this year.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                              X