No announcement yet.

Anybody heard from Speedy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is totally amazing to show up with a Car Craft sticker boldly shown on the car at a Hot Rod event! lol, you really want the attention in a bad way!
    -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      you dont understand gray, do you?
      I've heard somewhere that there are fifty shades of it.

Just having some fun, Man. My fault that sarcasm's apparently not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
        That is totally amazing to show up with a Car Craft sticker boldly shown on the car at a Hot Rod event! lol, you really want the attention in a bad way!
        Nah. Just stoking an old, dead Petersen Publishing Company rivalry (and Freiburger's connection with CC's dirt-cheap "glory days.")

But then John Thornton did get a photo of his DW Crown Victoria in CC last year by referencing CC's John McGann . . . .
        Last edited by 38P; September 18, 2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
          My fault that sarcasm's apparently not funny.
          When done well, it's funny.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
            If you show up with READ CAR CRAFT on your car the first day its going to burn in just a little bit.
            But due to the effects of the wind on the magnets (my fault for (a) going too cheap and (b) going too fast), the READ CAR CRAFT message became a bit garbled by the end of day one . . . .
            Attached Files

Comment

shoulda used 200 mph tape! (duct tape)
              My fabulous web page

Comment

shoulda used 200 mph tape! (duct tape)
                Probably. But the actual professional sign shop vinyl I ran last year (ran out of time to make it magnetic in 2012) left some ghost images in the clear coat. So I was a little leery of adhesives.
                Attached Files

Comment

I got an old sign painter to do mine. One shot.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

great interview. Thanks for the link........guess I'll use NOS when and if I hit the bottle.
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                      great interview. Thanks for the link........guess I'll use NOS when and if I hit the bottle.
                      Finnegan's tip: Make sure you weight the bottle to insure that it's got N20 in it.

(For the record, when Monte weighed the bottle after the interview, it was only 4# light (which is the amount that had leaked out during the thrash with the bad Nitrous Management Unit at DW '12 . . . just as I had assumed). That meant there was still six pounds of fun gas inside.

My mistake was leaving the bottle with Monte to be topped off at Memphis . . . which, when Monte discovered he'd run out of spray (my fault, of course), delayed the first nitrous pass until BG.

Drag Week teaches you that if you've not got everything ready by about 8:00 a.m. on a run day, you're limited to what you can scrounge at the track to fix any problems. )
                      Last edited by 38P; September 18, 2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I got an old sign painter to do mine. One shot.
                        Yeah, but my original plan was to change the livery every day . . . until the officials and the weak magnets put the kibosh on that. Kinda expensive to have a sign painter repaint a new sign every day.

Comment

You could come up with something that you'd want to leave on the car. Might be a good challenge for you.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Hmm? Suggestions? (Keeping in mind the DW officials apparently have ZERO sense of humor)

The Thunderbird was already shaping up to feature some NASCAR-inspired livery elements . . .

(Models I'm more familiar with than the one that inspired Forbes)

And now I'm probably going to have to paint the old heap Grabber Blue . . . .

Comment

Working...
                            X