Drag Week Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week Help?

I have a request for fellow BangShifters from Kansas City, Topeka and any points west of St. Louis etc. who are competing in Drag Week. Would it be possible for me to catch up with one of you to ride from St. Louis, down to Memphis, over to Bowling Green and back to St. Louis? I was asked at the last moment by Hot Rod Magazine to announce on Thursday and Friday as Brian Lohnes has a previous engagement on those two days and will not be able to complete Drag Week. I sure would appreciate it. Let me know if anyone has a seat they can spare.

My old Neon has over 300K miles on it and although I drive it every day, it seems risky to try a 1500 mile round trip. I feel confident driving from Topeka to St. Louis and could leave the car there until returning from Bowling Green. I would appreciate any help.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

wild, my entire post from yesterday is gone.

did you get my pm?
    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
      wild, my entire post from yesterday is gone.

did you get my pm?
      Unfortunately, no, I did not receive your PM. In fact, I had to re-post this as my entire post was wiped out by Syrian terrorists.
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
        Unfortunately, no, I did not receive your PM. In fact, I had to re-post this as my entire post was wiped out by Syrian terrorists.
        those sonsabitches....

ok, sent again...
        Last edited by 1badmonkey; September 10, 2013, 07:44 AM.
        Charles

Comment

Sorry.
          The reason you are missing some of your posts, is because our forum got hacked by the same scumbags that hacked the New York Times and CNN. Our tech team rolled back to a previous, "known good" back-up version of the software to recover.

Stay Calm and Post On ...

Comment

Well, I have been unable to secure a ride from St. Louis to Memphis. Therefore, I will be driving my old Neon 1500 miles over the next 4 days. I guess that kinda goes right along with the whole Drag Week theme, don't you think?

See y'all in Memphis tomorrow night!

Comment

Good luck Ron !

Comment

well, damn, sorry it didnt work out with Jason.
                Charles

Comment

just bring a case of oil, air up your spare and hit the road.. Hope you make it there without any issues!
                  Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

Ram tough!! or mopar or no car.
                    used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

put some white numbers on the glass and we'll stop and get ya going again. (good way to get some free repairs)
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

We have an extra rider this year and 2 coolers.I dont think Brian had to drive his car.Just saying.

Comment

Ron I would have gave you a ride, but I'm running the entire trip on my slicks. And they would rub with another person.
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Ron.... This is Jason. I am so sorry. I haven't been on the board this week and I didn't ever get a notification of your voice mail. I just checked my voice mail and saw you left me one. We would have been more than happy to give you a ride....although you would have had to deal with some of our automotive issues and made it into town a bit late. We are probably still and hour and a half out of Memphis as I type this. :/
                            Last edited by nosbaby; September 11, 2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

No worries, guys. My car did just fine and I had a great time. I really enjoyed meeting a bunch of new folks and look forward to doing it again!

Comment

Working...
                              X