How would YOU change Drag Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doc's Notch View Post
    I think if someone wants to go to the event bad enough, they will make it on the list. I registered from my yearly department work dinner, on my phone, refreshing the hotrod page every 5 minutes waiting for the registration to come up.
    I had my laptop at dinner for my 7 year olds birthday dinner.

Tim
    86 Mustang
    454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

• Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
      Then why would anyone new sign up as they are never going to get "in"
      sorry that's not cool at all..
      if that's to happen they need to open up the car count.
      to many wait till the last minute to say they'll not make it.. and then those on waiting list have to scramble to get time off, hotels ,etc
      if they know they'll make the field because they have been there before they can wait till last day of sign up and ,push others that sent in the first day.. That's not right, IF they do it your way, they might as well, just send out emails to pass dragweekers and never have a public sign up until after they know how many passed D/W's are "say'n" they'll be there..

Should be first come first served,PERIOD..
      I don't have a way can you read? If you sign up you should get no money back. I am addressing IF they do it like last year so new people have a chance. ONE reason it sold out so fast as people where sending the link around for early sign up to people that had not went the year before. It WAS HOT RODS Idea to have early sign up! Most likely because back when Pump Gas Drags where free 75 signed up and picked 35 would show up! If you went the year before when you said you would chances are you will be there again and not hang them out to dry.
      Last edited by JeffMcKC; October 23, 2013, 05:10 PM.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by gray86hatch View Post
        I had my laptop at dinner for my 7 year olds birthday dinner.

Tim
        I told the owner of the company I work for that I am waiting for an email, and when I get that email I will run to a computer regardless of what I am doing.
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• I was driving a charter bus to Coco Beach FL from OK. Used McDonald's wifi to sign up right when it opened up. It was sold out by time I got the group to Orlando. Thanks Ronald Mc.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• When we had our drivers meeting this year David had all the first timers raise there hands. To our surprise about 30% to 40% were new to Dragweek. So I guess not everyone had problems registering. I think we all should register at the same time.
            Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
            Drag Week 2011 DD
            Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
            Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

• I was # 2 and didn't go the year before the site was given a couple weeks before on BS signed up then to... everyone that was watching BS new the site... if you wanted to go get it done do what needed.
              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                I was # 2 and didn't go the year before the site was given a couple weeks before on BS signed up then to... everyone that was watching BS new the site... if you wanted to go get it done do what needed.
                you got it right! and like i said if you want to go that bad you should just show up. lets say for some crazy reason someone shows up unregistered and there isn't any spots left, ride with the pack anyway!!! it's still better then anything else you'll do in your live time!

Comment

Working...
                X