How would YOU change Drag Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^Speedy,
    I was wondering why my alternator belt broke. Thanks for clearing that up. I knew it couldn't have been my fault.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I wish we could prepay for next years event on the last day ...it could be non refundable, i'll take the risk. unlimited should be just take unlimited. id like to see more cars in the hot rod class.

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
        ^^^^^Speedy,
        I was wondering why my alternator belt broke. Thanks for clearing that up. I knew it couldn't have been my fault.
        Bruab had one of his "hexes" left over . . . .

BTW, it was my fault that Bruab didn't announce the entire DW '13 event, because I should have known that DF would need him at DW '13 and he wouldn't put down the Coronas long enough to make arrangements in time. It's also my fault that Bruab wasted bandwidth at Bangshift.com with some lousy photos of the DW '13 check-in.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
          I wish we could prepay for next years event on the last day ...it could be non refundable, i'll take the risk. unlimited should be just take unlimited. id like to see more cars in the hot rod class.
          BTW, It's MY FAULT the HJ broke . . . .

Comment

I miss the free lunch and or dinner that MSD put on in the years past and the beer to!!!!
            Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
            Drag Week 2011 DD
            Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
            Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
              BTW, It's MY FAULT the HJ broke . . . .
              in that case you owe me a cam and lifter set, timing cover gaskets ,pan gasket kit ,oil and filters..after I open it up i'll let you know if theres any other damage...

Comment

Well, while we are laying blame, it must be Speedy's fault my lifter broke 3 weeks ago and I put in a slow DW performance this year. Do I need to put a ford engine in it so you'll lift the curse? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!
                Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

I like things the way they are. i attended for the first time last year in a slow 14.40's DD, came back this year and ran 11.80's on days 2-5 after a no n20 first day 12.84. i averaged a 12.06 and didn't even make the quick 32. there are plenty of fast DD's. the bar keeps going up, and racers will keep getting faster, so don't tell people they can't come enjoy this thing because they aren't quick enough. this thing is packing out every year now, i say don't F up a good thing. i have full intentions of entering as a class car next year, and i still don't want to run in the rain on e.t. streets..... just ask rick prospero or the fella in the orange Camaro this year why....
                  1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                    in that case you owe me a cam and lifter set, timing cover gaskets ,pan gasket kit ,oil and filters..after I open it up i'll let you know if theres any other damage...
                    OUCH! You take SBF parts?

Comment

Originally posted by eligould View Post
                      I like things the way they are. i attended for the first time last year in a slow 14.40's DD, came back this year and ran 11.80's on days 2-5 after a no n20 first day 12.84. i averaged a 12.06 and didn't even make the quick 32. there are plenty of fast DD's. the bar keeps going up, and racers will keep getting faster, so don't tell people they can't come enjoy this thing because they aren't quick enough. this thing is packing out every year now, i say don't F up a good thing. i have full intentions of entering as a class car next year, and i still don't want to run in the rain on e.t. streets..... just ask rick prospero or the fella in the orange Camaro this year why....
                      2x I was shocked at how much quicker that patina'd T/A ran this year. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
                        Well, while we are laying blame, it must be Speedy's fault my lifter broke 3 weeks ago and I put in a slow DW performance this year. Do I need to put a ford engine in it so you'll lift the curse? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!
                        Sorry man. But Forbes isn't making me take responsiblity for things that happened that far before DW '13. And I've long given up on convincing you to put a Ford in your Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
                          I miss the free lunch and or dinner that MSD put on in the years past . . . .
                          My fault MSD went bankrupt . . . actually I assumed they did have a free lunch and that y'all didn't invite me because . .. I'm the OUTSIDER . . . .

Comment

If anything - I think they should divide daily driver into NA and power adder... then maybe run two quick 16 ladders, instead of a quick 32 so it didn't eat up and more time.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I keep missing the free food and drinks...DAMN YOU OUTSIDER!!!!

Comment

I would change it by bringing MY car!
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X