No announcement yet.

How would YOU change Drag Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectator and live feed 2 cents. Can we get the weight of the cars to go with the times. Also a camera at one or more of the check points for the drivers to introduce themselves and for us to experience the road trip a little bit would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
      one rule i would add or change. they have to use the same tires on the street as they do on the track no changing tires they have to race in street trim sense they are street cars.
      Honestly...I don't like that. I would not make someone drive 1000+ miles on ET Streets (yes, I know people do!)...though requiring them to run DOT tires is something I WOULD support!
      John
      2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
      Detroit-Muskegon 2012
      Couldn't make 2013

Comment

I am a huge fan of running everything on a pro tree. A 500 pro tree speeds everything up and eliminated 90% or red lights.

Comment

Sportsman tree is an equalizer for slower foot brake cars vs. trans brake cars. I like the hat idea, for all podium finishers.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I cut a one second light on the pro tree early Tuesday at indy...I wasn't expecting that at all! oh well.

But overall, slimbo5 has the right idea (see post #62)
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Slimbo FTW. He wins a can of peas.Ive heard more bitching and moaning than all the 5 times Ive went.

Comment

All the other classes should have to qualify and race on the last day to claim a winner. You can always award a guy for being fastest. But without a race it really is no fun to watch. In NHRA the fastest guy doesn't always win. It would eliminate the turbo cars spooling up so long on the green light. The goal is to see " fastest street car" why would you eliminate street tires? Maybe they should all run street tires. I think it should be run on the street with no safety equipment, that is what street car racing is all about. No rules! Hot rod wants to see fastest but I had to give them my slowest passes! They actually told me even if the other guy red lighted, I could not run it out the back door or they would disqualify me! A win light is a win light right? I disagree with bob. I think the dial should be the average not a subtracted tenth. I would have like to run small block NA but not really close to the fastest 2 cars. DD was my only chance to win anything. Who was bitching about the number of runs? At every track this year about an hour before run time was over the staging lanes were empty. I could have made a lot more passes if I wanted to. I made 6 in St. Louis after 12PM!

Comment

We went to Moser to get a 3rd member and a ring and pinion for 2 competitors.Made it to Indy at 12:43 and got 3 passes in . LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                    The only rule I would implement is no crybabies. ......thread done.
                    Well said Mark!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1176218_668408663178797_451079897_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	872315
                      Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 17, 2013, 07:47 AM.
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                        The only rule I would implement is no crybabies. ......thread done.
                        You got that right!! WAY too much crying over this or that.. When I raced in a number of semi-pro series, if you were a crybaby, you got little respect from fellow racers, obviously this event is not full of seasoned, veteran racers, and it shows with all the crying going on.. You want to bitch, put up your 100 bucks and file a protest, don't walk around like you got sand in your vagina all week, be a freakin man and deal with it.

On a serious note, I know this is not popular, but I don't care, and don't know if it's been brought up, but LIMIT DAILY DRIVERS during the initial registration period to allow more of the unique class cars in. I know for a fact that a good number of class cars got pushed out, and never made it to DW and were replaced by everyday 11-12 second cars.. This hurts the event overall, as all those unique cars never get on the pages of Hot Rod Magazine. I would expect that this will happen next year, I will be surprised if it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          The irony of you posting that pic!!!! I can't believe you have the balls to get near that pic, you spent the last year or so with sand in your vagina! You and Doc are the poster children of DW crybabies!
                          Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; September 17, 2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

And I've got to say I respect Eddie for telling me to my face that my car was "something anyone could buy." While I disagree with his opinion here, I've got to say he's consistent.

I'm not worried about Hot Rod filing all the pages it has with plenty of bitchin photos.

Comment

Following the rules is not crying Edweirdo.

Its a Rule have David wave his magic wand and remove OEM and I am fine.

Far more slower cars have to go into Unlimited for way less than a Floor Board that could be fixed for 400.00 and a weekend and if it can't then its a Performance advantage.

Hope you can come back next year. Seeya then.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I also think there is a distinction between legitimate, and hopefully constructive criticism and being a "crybaby."

Example: Bitching after the fact about what other racers do is generally being a crybaby.

(And yes, I admit that my reporting about Bob's poor sportsmanship in the other thread falls within this definition, notwithstanding that my intent was clearly not to solicit any sympathy from anyone for anything)

Pointing out how the officials "blew" it, IMHO is not being a crybaby.

However, a thread soliciting ideas for changes to how the event is run is worthless unless racers and knowledgeable fans are free to identify what they believe are problems and to suggest solutions.

Comment

Working...
                                X