X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Driver Needs a Rule Change for 2014

only one.
    If track conditions change as much as they did this year,
    On the Last day cars need to beable to adjust their Dial-in Down.

I run the 56 all out, and because of weather and car improved .30 from monday to friday.

Couldnt get 56 to so slow down without letting off or braking.

Not alot of fun.

If conditions dont change dont let us dial down.

PS: Dale (51 Ford) had fastest Ford powered Ford in all classes, not the guy they gave the trophy to.
    Last edited by 1956NY150; September 16, 2013, 05:39 AM.

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    only one.

I run the 56 all out, and because of weather and car improved .30 from monday to friday.

Not alot of fun.

PS: Dale (51 Ford) had fastest Ford powered Ford in all classes, not the guy they gave the trophy to.
    He also had the fastest reaction time ( 2 red lights in a row Way to go PORK CHOP!!!!!!!!

Comment

Give it a rest, Bob. You lost.

Swede4, with a real, untrailered daily driver (not a pampered occasional driver that arrived on a trailer) almost won. I don't read about him bitching about dial-ins or track conditions or weather. Swede4 gets it. Some might say that you don't.

If they implement new a new rule, how about a good sportsmanship rule . . . no flipping people off at checkpoints or other places. Frankly, I cheared when you lost because of your previous obnoxiousness and rudeness.

That is all.

Comment

If your car changes that much between tracks your tune is probably hurting somewhere, likely way to rich since it sped up a bunch on friday when the air got better.

We were all faced with the same problem of not setting our own dial. Sometimes you gotta drive through that.

Also, in our race you ran dead on your dial in if I remember correctly so it sounds like your doing OK there. However Bob, that wasn't a very good light
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Dale leaned out his truck (bleeds) the first day but with that he slowed all
          week long and it only made it worse on the Friday when we got back in the
          cooler weather.... I dont think the .1 will ever go away so that makes a person
          sand bag if they know their car well..... Dale should have changed his bleeds back
          to what he had in it... but he didnt... that would have brought him closer to his
          Friday dial in... but he lost when he pushed through the lights in round 2

Comment

I'm just thankful we got to have the shoot-out. Even if I did not make the 32 car field. I did knock a second and a half off of last years average. Will be faster next year while still pushing 4700#s.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

2x!

Thanks again greenXpress for loaning me that awsome Snap-on battery impact wrench for the trailing arm swap at Memphis. And thanks to Cameron for his assistance in getting the new trailing arm on the car.

Comment

DD was freakin' quick this year. I was impressed there was only a 1 second spread.
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

only one.

Not alot of fun.

I was not close to the quick 32, but I knew Friday morning that the change in temp was going to throw off a lot of people in it. I was kind of glad I was not in. I can see your point Bob- I don't think it would hurt for people to change their dial ins, as long as it is above 10.8 seconds.
                  Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                    Give it a rest, Bob. You lost.

Swede4, with a real, untrailered daily driver (not a pampered occasional driver that arrived on a trailer) almost won. I don't read about him bitching about dial-ins or track conditions or weather. Swede4 gets it. Some might say that you don't.

If they implement new a new rule, how about a good sportsmanship rule . . . no flipping people off at checkpoints or other places. Frankly, I cheared when you lost because of your previous obnoxiousness and rudeness.

That is all.
                    Your Spell Check is turned off.

Comment

Back when I started bracket racing in the 70s, we were not allowed to change our dial in between rounds.

Get over it.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Your Spell Check is turned off.
                        My fault. I should have stopped the Syrians from hacking the BS site.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                          DD was freakin' quick this year. I was impressed there was only a 1 second spread.
                          Lots of trailer queens . . . My fault for not finishing the T-Bird and giving 'em a serious run with a non-trailered car.

Comment

A 51 is not a street rod no matter what NSRA says now. HR messed up and I gave it back telling them Tom's 40 in hotrod class deserved it. Now who has it is anyones guess.
                            Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
                              A 51 is not a street rod no matter what NSRA says now. HR messed up and I gave it back telling them Tom's 40 in hotrod class deserved it. Now who has it is anyones guess.
                              Wow! Classy move, PG!

Comment

Working...
                              X