No announcement yet.

Daily Driver Needs a Rule Change for 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think DD rules are good. I got in the 32 car field and made it to final 8 cars and red lighted against the 70 road runner,by the way congrats to the road runner for winning DD class. I didn't have a spot for drag week so I just showed up and got in and what a blast. Hope to have a class car built for next year.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
      Lots of trailer queens . . . My fault for not finishing the T-Bird and giving 'em a serious run with a non-trailered car.
      Just because a guy does not feel like driving all the way home to fetch the trailer should it break somewhere along the way, does not take away from the car's credibility. Can't fault a guy for having a contingency plan. I would/have/ do/done the exact same thing. I've seen MUCH slower cars trailered to a track that was only 10-15 miles away.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
        Just because a guy does not feel like driving all the way home to fetch the trailer should it break somewhere along the way, does not take away from the car's credibility. Can't fault a guy for having a contingency plan. I would/have/ do/done the exact same thing. I've seen MUCH slower cars trailered to a track that was only 10-15 miles away.
        Daily Drivers aren't supposed to break. Pfffft. If they do, it's Speedy's fault anyway.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Think of it this way - if BBR didn't trailer the first year - he would have missed out on all the fun of driving the durango for the week....
          I'm sure a truck and trailer have hauled away a different car than they hauled in too - DW'ers tend to take care of each other that way.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Lots of trailer queens . . . My fault for not finishing the T-Bird and giving 'em a serious run with a non-trailered car.
            So the fact that I decided to trailer my car to DW to run DD makes it less of an accomplishment? What if I said doing DW in a 2 year old car that is mostly stock is less of an accomplishment? I'm not saying that because you showed up and did the deal but do you see what I am getting at?

I don't drive my car every day I won't bs about that. I absolutely could it wouldn't be a problem but I choose not to. In fact I don't even own a trailer, that was my dads rig that my car was hauled down in. I chose to trailer in case it broke number 1, i also enjoyed the air conditioning and the comfort LOL.

DD was crazy this year. I was #11 at 11.59 dial in so that means there was 21 cars between that and the 11.8X bump.
            Last edited by BlueCuda340; September 16, 2013, 12:17 PM.
            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Give it a rest, Bob. You lost.

Swede4, with a real, untrailered daily driver (not a pampered occasional driver that arrived on a trailer) almost won. I don't read about him bitching about dial-ins or track conditions or weather. Swede4 gets it. Some might say that you don't.

If they implement new a new rule, how about a good sportsmanship rule . . . no flipping people off at checkpoints or other places. Frankly, I cheared when you lost because of your previous obnoxiousness and rudeness.

That is all.
              Mr Outsider

"If they implement new a new rule, how about a good sportsmanship rule . . . no flipping people off at checkpoints or other places."

What does this MEAN? ME?

When i finger someone
              My finger is in a Fist!

U R a LIAR

call me 3154477138, stop hiding behind a key board somewhere.
              Semper Fi
              Bob

Comment

Coming from someone that is running what a 2012 Mustang? Come on, you drop tha T-bird with a decent amount of motor and cubes along with some gear to lay down some ET and you will be pulling it 700 miles to Bowling Green also.

I will drive mine across the US, but is it smart to do it? No.
                -Bobby-

Comment

It was probably me flipping him off because he was driving 50 mph threw the pits trying to make his 10th hot lap pass like a idiot
                  1973 Camaro Z Jy 5.3 & S475 10.99 on 6.5 lbs, cant wait to get the cage in
                  2013 DRAG WEEK SURVIOR

Comment

Originally posted by 73turbo53 View Post
                    It was probably me flipping him off because he was driving 50 mph threw the pits trying to make his 10th hot lap pass like a idiot
                    You're low on the pass count. I counted towards the last part of the week and it was 12+ passes a day. AB is angry. Cho Cho.
                    Last edited by Pumpkin; September 16, 2013, 02:34 PM.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                      only one.
                      If track conditions change as much as they did this year,
                      On the Last day cars need to beable to adjust their Dial-in Down.

I run the 56 all out, and because of weather and car improved .30 from monday to friday.

Couldnt get 56 to so slow down without letting off or braking.

Not alot of fun.

If conditions dont change dont let us dial down.

PS: Dale (51 Ford) had fastest Ford powered Ford in all classes, not the guy they gave the trophy to.
                      Did they not take a .10 off as has been done in the past? ie 11.90 is factored down to 11.80?
                      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

. . . no flipping people off at checkpoints ...
                        Regrettfully that was most likely me and not Bob. It is a custom some of us bangshifters do during photo ops on one of the other HotRod multi day events.

But please don't be concerned as I am going to try very hard to not return to drag week again.

Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                          So the fact that I decided to trailer my car to DW to run DD makes it less of an accomplishment? What if I said doing DW in a 2 year old car that is mostly stock is less of an accomplishment? I'm not saying that because you showed up and did the deal but do you see what I am getting at?

I don't drive my car every day I won't bs about that. I absolutely could it wouldn't be a problem but I choose not to. In fact I don't even own a trailer, that was my dads rig that my car was hauled down in. I chose to trailer in case it broke number 1, i also enjoyed the air conditioning and the comfort LOL.

DD was crazy this year. I was #11 at 11.59 dial in so that means there was 21 cars between that and the 11.8X bump.
                          I don't drive any of my cars every day, but I still have to pay insurance on them. Insurance companies need a rule change.

Y'all definitely picked up steam in DD, crazy!
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post

People that try to tell others how to enjoy their personal cars should worry more about enjoying their own.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

To

To The Outsider. Have you ever read the rules for the Daily Driver class of Hot Rod Drag Week? It is just another class. If someone owns a car that fits in this class they can run what they "brung". I don't think you realize that some of these cars can be driven daily but are very high performance oriented. Some folks just prefer to trailer their car to an event to save on wear. It was 503 miles to Topeka 2010, 722 to Bowling Green 2008, 1055 to Muncie 2009 etc. for me and I am sure there were others that drove farther. So in my opinion those guys are not trailer queens, they are just true racers out to have fun and save some work. I could write something else, but I will keep it clean. Walt Reynolds
                              Last edited by Chad's Dad; September 16, 2013, 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
                                A 51 is not a street rod no matter what NSRA says now. HR messed up and I gave it back telling them Tom's 40 in hotrod class deserved it. Now who has it is anyones guess.
                                Not sure who has award but it's not me
                                Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                                Drag Week 2011 DD
                                Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                                Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X