Sad News 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News 2

I do not know what happened to the thread I started yesterday so I will repeat it.
    For those of you who don't know Steve Bowyer the man in the power chair pasted away last Friday. His dream of building and racing his old valiant with a big block in it came true on Monday with 2 passes in Bowling Green. He did not make Indy. RIP buddy.

Sorry to hear that.

He raced the big red Dodge diesel dually in DD for the last few years.
    Last edited by BBR; September 16, 2013, 07:48 AM.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I remember seeing him. Was it a rough-and-tumble white Valiant? Didn't realize he was in ill health. Glad he got to get out on the track one, last time though. My condolences.
      1968 Biscayne
      406 / TH350 / 12-Bolt 3.42
      13.17 @ 104mph.

Comment

Sorry to hear that

Comment

I saw him from a distance on Sunday but never got to talk to him. I am sorry for your loss.
          Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Light Ross View Post
            I do not know what happened to the thread I started yesterday so I will repeat it.
            For those of you who don't know Steve Bowyer the man in the power chair pasted away last Friday. His dream of building and racing his old valiant with a big block in it came true on Monday with 2 passes in Bowling Green. He did not make Indy. RIP buddy.
            So Sorry to hear this, we talked to steve on sunday about finally racing a mopar parked his truck and trailer for him. He was such an inspiration for people from his mustang to the dually then the valiant. My prayers and thoughts to his family and friends I know I'm a lucky person to have met him!!!!

Comment

So sad, I talked to him on sunday during registration, he was just sitting in the car in line cooking, asked if he needed help getting out so he could cool off he said no that his brother was coming soon. I heard that he had heat stroke monday and was in hospital and needed help driving his truck and trailer back. Mopar billy volunteered but then friday none of us had heard back. So sad.
              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

This steve's sister joyce, i traveled with him several times. He loved drag racing and all of you. Thanks for looking out for him. Our family really thanks all of you

Comment

Prayers and blessings to you, Joyce, and your family. I'm not sure if I'll make it next year, but let's hear some suggestions about ways to honor Steve in 2014.
                  Kerby

Comment

Originally posted by Red Light Ross View Post
                    Steve was a inspiration to ALL of Us.
                    Each year Steve was there.
                    I talked with Steve at BG and noticed he wasn't around later in the week.
                    I figured car broke and I would see him next year.
                    Every year when they awarded the Spirit of Drag Week I wondered "why not Steve" I thought that Steve must have received it another time I hope that's True.
                    Sorry for your loss
                    Bob
                    Last edited by 1956NY150; September 16, 2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear of this, I saw Steve in Tech Sunday but never had the chance to chat since I was well behind him in line.

RIP Steve!
                      -Bobby-

Comment

Even with his mobility issues he had attended every drag week as a participant driving his Dodge truck, Mustang and his ultimate dream the big block powered Valiant. He was always socializing in the hotel parking lots first thing in the morning and again at night. Steve represented the ultimate "Spirit of Drag Week". RIP Steve.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to Steve's family. And as for a tribute, how about re-naming the award to Steve Bowyer Spirit of Drag Week Award?
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                            My thoughts and prayers go out to Steve's family. And as for a tribute, how about re-naming the award to Steve Bowyer Spirit of Drag Week Award?
                            X2
                            Drag week 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18
                            Power Tour 97,98,99,00,02,04,05
                            Street Machine Nats 79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93

Comment

X3
                              DocFox

Comment

Working...
                              X