TheSilverBuick thanks for the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheSilverBuick thanks for the week.

There are a host of BangShifter's I have to thank for their time, effort and accomodations to make my week be as good as possible considering my car didn't make it.

Bamfster Dan has my thanks on many levels. When my clutch problem reared it's ugly head and I was stuck in some person's driveway, apparently in the shady part of town, he helped me out by having his police officer brother pre-emtively show up to keep me from getting in trouble with a home owner, and who eventually called a tow truck for me to haul it to Dan's house. I was also completely across town from Dan and he still took the time out of his day to meet me at the broke down car. He also opened up his garage to me when we got the car there and we worked on it another hour or so without luck. He is letting me store my car there as long as I need to, which is a load off my mind. He and his family were kind enough to feed me dinner (I hadn't eaten all day) and drive me back across town to the airport so I could rent a car (the Spark of shame) to continue on. Way cool and thanks Dan

Jeff and Doc have my thanks as well. A last minute change on my plans and Jeff's plans, and we all fit ourselve's into Doc's son's daily driver '67 Camaro. Jeff took the time to, once again completely across town, pick me up at the airport where I dropped off the rental car. We did a little last minute thrashing on Doc's Camaro rear suspension and again I got fed dinner. I was able to go the whole week thanks to both of them. Plus being a fly on the wall for some of the discussions was very very interesting! Thanks again guys

Dignlif Rich saved me a ton of stress on day one when he said it wouldn't be any problem taking me back to Ely. Ely is a hard place to get to with out a car, the nearest airports are 250 miles away and there is no place to return a rental car in Ely. Rich detoured through Ely to drop me off, and said 'No problem' tech day Sunday, so my concerns on how to get home were relieved from the start. He's a cool guy and had a great road trip home, many thanks Rich

I keep saying how much Joe Barry rules, and it's because he does. A couple times during the week he offered to take my car to his shop in Colorado Springs and let me work on it with a lift and fully equipped shop. It is an awesome offer that I would normally have accepted in a heart beat if I was 100% sure of what the problem is and it's solution. As it sits now I could possibly pull it apart and find something completely different or need to order extra parts, etc. Unfortunately I don't have the time to work on it if something unusal crops up and the car has to sit another week. It's very generous of Joe to help out a fellow Drag Weeker that way, and as his comments in the unlimited thread show, he has a ton of class and goodwill. I appreciate the offer and the knowledge I have that kind of support when things go awry. Joe, thank you for the offer and you rule

Thank you all, and I agree with Joe on the unlimited thread, the people in the event are some of the hardest working and kindest people you'll ever meet. If you're in need, the help often comes pouring in.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!! As I look at the Drag Week in retrospect folks like yourself to me are what makes Drag Week what it is, you are there for the experience and to race your car. You don't get wound up with rules or what others are doing. It would of been real easy for you to turn around and go home but instead you came and participated in the circus we call Drag Week. I have not met Doc but I have met Jeff and where on earth would you put these three diversified personalities together except at an event for gear heads. This is Drag Week to the core. There is so many people now that its hard to meet everyone but once they have met you they wont forget the eagerness you bring to the week.

Comment

Mega Ditto's Randal Rules and is always smiling no matter what.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Randall is one of those great guys that might be eliminated from DW by the proposals to "E.T. test" participation in DW and limit entries to what somebody says are "fast" cars (e.g. sub 12 seconds). Let's all keep that in mind.

Comment

Randal's car would run in a new class, "DIY EFI"

We'd have to come up with some sort of point system that included average fuel economy between tracks, cubic inches / average ET....

LOL!

Randal is the man for sure - it was great catching up a little with every one in Indy, certainly lots of great folks involved in this crazy event that most "normal" people that don't understand.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Randal is a douche!!!!!

lol j/k just trying to keep yer head from inflating *too* big.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
              Randall is one of those great guys that might be eliminated from DW by the proposals to "E.T. test" participation in DW and limit entries to what somebody says are "fast" cars (e.g. sub 12 seconds). Let's all keep that in mind.
              Well that's one way to get rid of him........ ask him about how excited he gets at rest stops
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                Randal is a douche!!!!!
                Is it because I keep pointing out that HEI on your Cadillac motor?

Yes, an ET minimum would have the potential to keep someone like me out that has sank money into making the car fun while driving rather than best bang for the buck quick. I make no apologies for "potentially" taking a quicker car's spot. My sense of satisfaction I'm sure is no less than the other 180-215 folks that have a non-podium finish. It's a personal win to simply finish.

Doc found the coolest rest stop ever. I'll have pictures later.
                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 17, 2013, 12:13 PM.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randal, thanks for the kind words! I'd do the same for any of my BS brothers and sisters .... (even Speedy if he was in a bind ... LOL). Jake had a ton of fun "shuttling" you to the airport ha ha.

IMHO, your car is exactly what Drag Week should be, home built double throw down DIY bada$$ness PERIOD!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                    (even Speedy if he was in a bind ... LOL)
                    Oh total bullcrap! You'd have some of your FOP buds "on the job" rousting me and giving me a "wooden shampoo" faster than Boss Hogg would scarf a plate of Krispy Kremes . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      Well that's one way to get rid of him........ ask him about how excited he gets at rest stops
                      That puts a different spin on three men in a Camaro . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                        Oh total bullcrap! You'd have some of your FOP buds "on the job" rousting me and giving me a "wooden shampoo" faster than Boss Hogg would scarf a plate of Krispy Kremes . . . .
                        Now that's a lie ... I've never belonged to the FOP!
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                          Now that's a lie ... I've never belonged to the FOP!
                          That was just part of "the job" in all the places where I've lived. Some other union?

Comment

I'm glad I could help alleviate that one transportation home stresser at the beginning of the week, it was my pleasure. It was really cool talking on all the subjects covered over the 1800 mile trek. Thanks for helping me drive all that way and for the lessons in Copper mining.
                            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Pretty soon Rich will be ordering up a full megasquirt set up for his cars....
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X