Happy happy happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy happy happy

So glad we managed to made it the whole way this yr, great to meet some of you guys and gals, and sorry I missed out on some of you as I just had a plan to make a run and hit the road. What a great experience and the camaraderie among everyone was nice.

Like minds having fun with their cars, torture yes, fun hell yes.

Of all the problems and issues we had that seemed horrible at the time looking back worst thing that really happened was a failed voltage regulator causing all our elect problems. NO reverse really had no effect, and a stuck needle and seat were very minor.

A friend just told me if I was going back again and I said I dont know, he said I guess its like being pregnant, takes a woman a while to forget the pain and remember the result.

Might get knocked up again
    Last edited by tsanchez; September 17, 2013, 02:58 PM.
    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

ha! I was glad to see you roll into each track. That thing sounds healthy! Congrats!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Bitches was trippin, eh?

Good to meet you Tony, and I'm glad you got to finish the drive. 10 second AMC with a pair of dominators on it...that's bitchin!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Haha, my wife always buys me crazy shirts and I wear them..
        Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          ha! I was glad to see you roll into each track. That thing sounds healthy! Congrats!
          Thanks! it was great I got into town everyday before dark woooohoooo. Made it to St Louis at 4, rested and let the car cool walked out at 6 and checked the valves and one had moved .001. Pretty damn good as opposed to last yrs debacle.

Pics and vids

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Glad it worked out for you this year. I can tell you going without your car is like going to the Lake without a Boat. You can watch everyone else but just not as much fun as being on a Boat.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Congrats on making the drive! Very Cool car for sure. Props for sticking out those 4.44 gears with my short tires and 3.91 gears you were about the only guy I passed on the interstate lol.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

55 saves lives..

And rockers, lifters, springs.....
                Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

that is one badass AMC! great job this year!
                  1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

It was great to see everything work out so well for you this year Tony.

If going without you car is like going the river without your boat, then watching the live feed is like watching home movies of your friends with their boats on the river.

I had to out to the garage or the parking lot and sniff the car smells to not be totally depressed. 2014 or bust.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

In a sea of very loud cars, yours was somehow louder...

Great to see it do it's thing this year!
                      Professional Co-Pilot, Pit Grunt, Window Bitch, & Dick Joke Slinger of the "BulletProof" 53 Ford Gasser.
                      Drag Week Survivor 2011, 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashy View Post
                        In a sea of very loud cars, yours was somehow louder...

Great to see it do it's thing this year!
                        Hahahahahahaha, I thought the same thing, it was the loudest slow car there. I almost didnt take the exhaust off becauseit was kind of embarrasing. I like the sound though, really different
                        Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

It sounds GOOD!
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It was great meeting and hanging out with you Tony, your car was the only one I could keep up with on the drives. Darryl.

Comment

It was loud with mufflers! lol
                              Cool car, glad it turned out much better this year.
                              -Bobby-

Comment

Working...
                              X