you know your at dragweek when.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you know your at dragweek when.......

we talked about how there are just things that only happen at dragweek .thought id post a few ..

if your passed by a promod pulling a trailer
    theres gravel in the shower when you get out.
    the most complete meal of the week came out of a window
    you long for food that didn't come from a place that also sells fuel.
    getting the hotel by midnite is a goal.

that you can survive on corndogs and gatorade for multiple days from Pilot truck stop

Comment

When Poison Gas revs and scares the DEF** out of you while you're asleep on a packing blanket in the middle of a tire change . . . .

**http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-...3-def-pee.html

Comment

...you completely loose touch with what's happening in the world outside of Drag Week.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

you figure out what day of the week it is by what track you are at.
          When you get lost, but still have a long line of drag week cars following you.
          stopping at some weird art work in the middle of no where looks like a cars show/repair clinic.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

You get bored when there's no cars to fix one day.
            A stranger in some podunk town invites you to fix your car in his garage. And it turns out you have several friends in common.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

You go to sleep with the buzzing of 3000-4000RPM still going on in your head.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                Or go to sleep while the deafing roar of 3,000-4,000rpm is going on
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                  This^^^^^^^^^^^^, In the morning your hearing is restored and you swear that something is wrong, by 3pm you cant hear so good and it sounds great..
                  Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                  Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                  Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                  Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I think we can all relate to this, especially us solid valvetrain guys

WHATS THAT NOISE?

Comment

Word
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

made me sick when I heard mine coming apart, the next day in the pits it felt like id been dumped and seeing her with someone else for the first time. kicked in the gut and stabbed in the heart...

Comment

you don't know where your going but your making good time
                          Last edited by bluewagon1; September 17, 2013, 04:48 PM.
                          Drag week 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18
                          Power Tour 97,98,99,00,02,04,05
                          Street Machine Nats 79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                            made me sick when I heard mine coming apart, the next day in the pits it felt like id been dumped and seeing her with someone else for the first time. kicked in the gut and stabbed in the heart...
                            I don't think I ever heard the cause of death? Lifter?

Comment

Blowing up your good engine and throwing together junk engine to still do DW knowing you'll be last in your class and having a good time. BUT I WILL NEVER DO A GEAR DRIVE ON DW AGAIN. Giving another DWer a ride to the speed shop and him saying how good mine rode and it being quieter than his.
                              Last edited by poison gas; September 17, 2013, 04:43 PM.
                              Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Working...
                              X