No announcement yet.

you know your at dragweek when.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a "pro mod" pulling a trailer rips a burnout for the awesome DW fans in Paris, TN . . . .

(or when the recently-repaired object of an impromptu internet drinking game, infamously known as "Old Blue," spectacularly fails at same)

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
      I'm not sure I will go in my garage for another week or so. Now that DW is 51 weeks away the garage is a sad place with a dirty car in it(that thankfully is still in one solid piece)
      Mine didn't even make it to the starting line this year and when I do get it home I'm expecting it to sit for a month in the corner of the barn.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        Mine didn't even make it to the starting line this year and when I do get it home I'm expecting it to sit for a month in the corner of the barn.
        Putting your car in "Time Out"?
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Still serving time for bad behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            Still serving time for bad behavior.
            It worked wonders for mine in 2011.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I'll be running mid-10's in no time!

Comment

"When you pull into the BGKY hotel parking lot Thursday afternoon/evening to hoopin', hollerin', and applause... followed by you and your copilot yelling 'WE MADE IT!!' "
                '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

"When you do 60mph, 2nd nitrous burnouts on the highway while towing a trailer.... and then realize you have a fresh tank of 87 octane! Good thing there was c16 in the 1 gallon standalone."
                  '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                  2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

How about when you get home 6am Saturday after driving all night, the wife says lets go for a ride and you think "Oh, not more riding"!

The only thing I have done to the car is pulled the window stickers off. It's a real street car without window stickers!
                    Last edited by Lilracr; September 19, 2013, 04:29 AM.
                    -Bobby-

Comment

Swap out cooling towels every 20 min so you don't spontaneously combust into a giant fireball while cruising down the highway!

David
                      DW/DD 07', 08', 09' and 13'

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                        The only thing I have done to the car is pulled the window stickers off.
                        I'm not pulling my stickers off until somebody makes me . . . .

(or until I get so many (like NY I'm-gonna-kick-Speedy's-saggy-old-@$$ Bob) that I can't see out anymore . . . .)
                        Last edited by 38P; September 18, 2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                          I'm not pulling my stickers off until somebody makes me . . . .

(or until I get so many (like NY I'm-gonna-kick-Speedy's-saggy-old-@$$ Bob) that I can't see out anymore . . . .)
                          The more stickers the more its a race car!
                          -Bobby-

Comment

my stickers hide the rust
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                              As my paint job ages(14 years now) my need for rust covering stickers is on the rise.

I think I am just going to get some blue vinyl made up and "patch" the bad areas lol
                              Last edited by BlueCuda340; September 19, 2013, 06:41 AM.
                              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post

You've still got a ways to go for full coverage . . .

(I really wanted to post a photo of that guy who sells license plates at various swap meets who has covered his Suburban completely with thousands of annual renewal stickers, but I couldn't find it . . . it's very colorful and sort of cool in a demented way . . . .)

Comment

Working...
                                X