The red wreck is home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The red wreck is home

Not without some more fun ( front drives wheel bearing failed loosing the wheel at 60 mph .. 45 min from home..so close .. If it wasn't for the willwood rotor getting smashed in the process I would have put some new bearing s in and drove home .. But no brakes crosses even my line )
    There are many great people that helped me after my crash and on the way home .. I will just thank them all ..they now how they are ..
    All I can say is I am glad next drag week is a year away .. I have a lot of repairs to do .. I hope that I will joint everybody again
    And a life time of memory's created in a two span ..

If you drive here again, (and you will) you only have 50 weeks before DW 2014.

Take a day off and then busy.
    No walls next year.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Glad you are home safe!

The car can be rebuilt, take your time and it will be stronger and better.
      -Bobby-

Comment

Glad you made it home..... loosing a wheel at 60 I'm sure
        caught your attention

Comment

Damn!! You earned every bit of the awards Bob. Glad to hear you made it home.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Great spirit!! Hope to see you next year.
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I saw the video of the wreck, that was rough, and coulda' been way worse, not sure what you were doing over on the centerline, but it's NOT the place to be, and you found that out in a bad way!!

You are a trooper, you soldiered on with a tore up car, and never called it quits, but that's a bad way to get the Spirit of Drag Week award, I suggest trying another way next year! Happy to hear you made it home unscathed, can't say so much for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                Damn!! You earned every bit of the awards Bob. Glad to hear you made it home.
                This! Congrats on the award, (and more importantly.. FINISHING!), and glad to see you're home safe. See you next year!
                DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

You may want to have a priest come say a few prayers over that car and sprinkle it with holy water or something, that's a long run of bad luck!

Glad to hear you made it home safe - how many total miles? I think you may have had the longest drive to and from BG.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    You may want to have a priest come say a few prayers over that car and sprinkle it with holy water or something, that's a long run of bad luck!

Glad to hear you made it home safe - how many total miles? I think you may have had the longest drive to and from BG.
                    The wife looked it up and the short way(direct) was 2350 miles one way.. but from my
                    understanding he made it a 2500 mile run one way.. with breakage one the way.. I give
                    him major credit for ALL OF HIS EFFORT and finishing .... plus the drive home

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                      The wife looked it up and the short way(direct) was 2350 miles one way.. but from my
                      understanding he made it a 2500 mile run one way.. with breakage one the way.. I give
                      him major credit for ALL OF HIS EFFORT and finishing .... plus the drive home
                      That shit is CRAZY!!!! You sir need some well deserved rest!

Comment

You sir are the embodiment of never give up. EPIC effort, story, and WIN, IMO.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Glad you made it home safely. Awesome story!
                          '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                          2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Good to meet you guys, and great results on DW for you, even if done the hard (and expensive) way.
                            Hmm, I can't remember if I signed your trunk lid? See ya next year.

Comment

well done from over the pond

looks like you had a fun week with just a few hick up ,but thats dragweek look after that bit of wood i cleaned it for you ,the yank,s must be getting pissed that it an't in usa again .. will be the aussies or germans next ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X