No announcement yet.

Who has been out racing since DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right, maybe in the spring I will come out again, and give you a call!

Comment

After having the axle tubes replaced at a local shop, I was able to get to the local track this past Sunday. After arriving at the track my hard starting issues got even worse. I tried cleaning all of the ground cables and trying three different batteries. I was able to get it to start each time but it was an adventure. The car would hit the starter and crank slow, like a low battery, then it would start to crank faster. Sigh.

I went to the line and heated up the drag radials. I left and the car 60 footed at a 1.446. About half track the fuel pressure dropped down to 1 pound then to zero after I lifted. I coasted to a [email protected].

I came back to the pits, swapped out the fuel pump and checked the filter between the pump and the tank, it was clean. (I brought all of my Drag Week stuff in case someone else needed something!). Went back up and had a 1.427 60' time. About 800 feet out the fuel pressure started to drop and I lifted. Went 10.583@ 107.91.

Went back to the pits and swapped out the regulator. Started it up and still had low fuel pressure. I pulled off the second fuel filter, between the pump and the carb, and could not blow through it. I guess the first pump came apart inside or did something to clog the filter. Haven't cut the filter apart yet. I removed the filter and went to the line.

Ran a 10.164 @132.54 with a 1.442 60' time. Happy Happy Happy.

Next pass was a [email protected] with a 1.445 60' time.

Last pass of the day was [email protected] with a 1.440 60' time.

All of the passes were made with a 12 to 15+ mph headwind.

I left on the foot brake at just above idle.

Was going to pull the hood off, use the trans brake and make one final pass but it started to rain.

All of the 60' times were the best this car had ever done. With slapper bars, multi leaf springs and air shocks lol.

Next year the car will have a better rear suspension and a fiberglass hood. Maybe 9's with a tailwind

During the day a friend of mine came up and said "I see you're still in Drag Week mode?"

See ya all next year, Tom H
      Last edited by turbolaw; October 23, 2013, 09:04 AM.
      All 12 Drag Weeks, same junk

Comment

Nice!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Thats nice, finally got to let the big motor eat.

I am hoping to get to TNT this weekend. However our first child is due very soon so I am always on call for that. The only thing I have done to my car since drag week is unload and wash it. Its still got drag week oil in it even.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by turbolaw View Post
            After having the axle tubes replaced at a local shop, I was able to get to the local track this past Sunday. After arriving at the track my hard starting issues got even worse. I tried cleaning all of the ground cables and trying three different batteries. I was able to get it to start each time but it was an adventure. The car would hit the starter and crank slow, like a low battery, then it would start to crank faster. Sigh.

I went to the line and heated up the drag radials. I left and the car 60 footed at a 1.446. About half track the fuel pressure dropped down to 1 pound then to zero after I lifted. I coasted to a [email protected].

I came back to the pits, swapped out the fuel pump and checked the filter between the pump and the tank, it was clean. (I brought all of my Drag Week stuff in case someone else needed something!). Went back up and had a 1.427 60' time. About 800 feet out the fuel pressure started to drop and I lifted. Went 10.583@ 107.91.

Went back to the pits and swapped out the regulator. Started it up and still had low fuel pressure. I pulled off the second fuel filter, between the pump and the carb, and could not blow through it. I guess the first pump came apart inside or did something to clog the filter. Haven't cut the filter apart yet. I removed the filter and went to the line.

Ran a 10.164 @132.54 with a 1.442 60' time. Happy Happy Happy.

Next pass was a [email protected] with a 1.445 60' time.

Last pass of the day was [email protected] with a 1.440 60' time.

All of the passes were made with a 12 to 15+ mph headwind.

I left on the foot brake at just above idle.

Was going to pull the hood off, use the trans brake and make one final pass but it started to rain.

All of the 60' times were the best this car had ever done. With slapper bars, multi leaf springs and air shocks lol.

Next year the car will have a better rear suspension and a fiberglass hood. Maybe 9's with a tailwind

During the day a friend of mine came up and said "I see you're still in Drag Week mode?"

See ya all next year, Tom H

What car is this?
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Sorry, blue 1977 Nova. Street-BB/NA

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                Thats nice, finally got to let the big motor eat.

I am hoping to get to TNT this weekend. However our first child is due very soon so I am always on call for that. The only thing I have done to my car since drag week is unload and wash it. Its still got drag week oil in it even.

I was going to tnt but have a scheduling conflict. You are 1 up on me. I just unloaded the truck.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

way to go Tom nice numbers . did you put a new housing in or just fix the old one ? will have to talk soon .
                  Last edited by stormts71; October 23, 2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Tom, Those are some nice numbers keep after it 9's are right there.

Comment

Tim those are some great numbers.

Originally posted by gray86hatch View Post
                      http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...psda9c7422.jpg

Picked up a little today 900' worse air
                      9.41 142.55.

I hope to get some good air before the year ends

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by stormts71 View Post
                        way to go Tom nice numbers . did you put a new housing in or just fix the old one ? will have to talk soon .
                        I had Ron Folk Race cars remove the old tubes and weld in thicker non tapered tubes. They welded all the way around the housing. I also had them weld the spring perches on. They did a nice job. Cheaper than buying a whole new axle housing and tubes.
                        Last edited by turbolaw; October 24, 2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Tom glad to here you got it fixed.

Thanks Mike I made a spring change in the rear of the car just trying to get back to the track again to test it. In better air I think it will run high .20's

Tim
                          86 Mustang
                          454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

Originally posted by gray86hatch View Post
                            Tom glad to here you got it fixed.

Thanks Mike I made a spring change in the rear of the car just trying to get back to the track again to test it. In better air I think it will run high .20's

Tim
                            Good luck, I hope your luck is better than mine has been, every thing I try makes it slow down.

Comment

I hear you I felt that way on dw nothing picked it up. It is either hot and 2500' or raining here.

Trying to convince my wife to go with me to MIR and see what it really has in it

Tim
                              86 Mustang
                              454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

Good Job you two
                                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                                X