Checking out converter slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking out converter slippage

Went to the track Last Sat... The day was ok 2300'DA and 73*... Truck seem to run the same ET & MPH as at DW 11.50s & 11.60s... A friend was running his car and had the same size tires and we started talking about rpms for the 1/4 mile... His car runs 123mph @ 6400 rpm mind runs 114 mph @ 5900rpm... his car has a 4.30 gear mind 3.89 so we did the calculation on Wallace racing calculator... His converter slippage is 7% mine is 15.6% and on spray was 17.85%
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    Went to the track Last Sat... The day was ok 2300'DA and 73*... Truck seem to run the same ET & MPH as at DW 11.50s & 11.60s... A friend was running his car and had the same size tires and we started talking about rpms for the 1/4 mile... His car runs 123mph @ 6400 rpm mind runs 114 mph @ 5900rpm... his car has a 4.30 gear mind 3.89 so we did the calculation on Wallace racing calculator... His converter slippage is 7% mine is 15.6% and on spray was 17.85%
    Maybe Pork chop if you ease up on the beer and pork chops your converter wouldn't slip as much

Comment

Oh the mysteries of the fluid coupler. I'm not going to comment on the converter, but was curious on the weight of your aerodynamic ride. and spray vs. motor. I'm looking at spray if I can find the funds.
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Put the 4.30 in yours it may tighten it up too, the strain is less the Slippage is a result of loading the fluid coupler.

More gear + tighter converter, less gear will loosen one
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post

Maybe Pork chop if you ease up on the beer and pork chops your converter wouldn't slip as much
          Yea that has some thing to do with it love those can pork chops

Comment

Sent my converter to Freakshow Performance Converter to see what they can do with it going to tighten it up 500 rpm... Called PTC they said it was a 4000 stall ...

Comment

heard from freakshow converter to say the converter is in shop... will open it up this week by wed. should get it back next week

Comment

Got my converter back and in still no lockup...Got in contact with Freak show performance about the lockup... Michael at Freak show knew about the lockup problem and said he thought he could fix it when I sent the converter to them... When talking to Michael at freak show he said it must be a defect that is uncommon and not repairable that he would sent a new converter out... I was surprised at the customer service he said it was his mistake and would make it right... Freak show performance stands behind there work very happy with there service

Comment

I've been following a thread on moparts about slippage.

Mine is at 12% but I am running a 3.55 gear too.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                    I've been following a thread on moparts about slippage.

Mine is at 12% but I am running a 3.55 gear too.
                    Thanks i hope to get mine down to 10% that would help my mph
                    Last edited by quick 52; November 1, 2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                      Got my converter back and in still no lockup...Got in contact with Freak show performance about the lockup... Michael at Freak show knew about the lockup problem and said he thought he could fix it when I sent the converter to them... When talking to Michael at freak show he said it must be a defect that is uncommon and not repairable that he would sent a new converter out... I was surprised at the customer service he said it was his mistake and would make it right... Freak show performance stands behind there work very happy with there service
                      Got the converter today but have a honey do list a mile long so will put the converter on the back burner for a week or more

Comment

Working...
                      X