Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's up for a drive to Indy Oct 10-11???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We came to Indianapolis in Drag Week style and took the overall in True Street! Meet a lot of good people, had fun and made a few new friends. Live is good.

Comment

Nice meeting you congrats on win. Seemed like dragweek was well represented during true street 5 cars I know of and top 2 were drag week veterans way to go!!

Comment

Awsome show 62.

Comment

I have one of them True Street trophies. I had to take it apart to fit it in my truck! Way to go on the W! So now you have a LSX block, will u build a new combo or sell it?!?!? I want to keep in the loop with u and your Mini Drag Week thing. Sounds like it will be mid west type of deal and I am in central Iowa. Was cool to meet U and put a name with a face with Blake. He has done some work for a few guys here on Des Moines. How about starting a Facebook page on the race u r wanting to do or do u have one already?

Comment

Already thougt about Facebook page but need to come up with a name for an organization/sanctioning body. The LSX block from Scroggins will turn into something for the Nova just not sure exactly what yet. These turbo combinations don't like more and bigger to work right. To go much bigger or more I will have to change turbos and there isn't much bigger that will drop into place. f you keep asking small turbos to do more the shafts break or the bearings (thrust) get wiped out or the wheels fly apart. Thats how Precision has gotten a bad rep, by selling such a high volume, many end up in a poorly matched combination and the turbo(s) fail.

Comment

Congratulations! One of my favourite cars at DW. Also, thanks for the link to YB which led me to your build thread. Good way to kill some time on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
                Already thougt about Facebook page but need to come up with a name for an organization/sanctioning body. The LSX block from Scroggins will turn into something for the Nova just not sure exactly what yet. These turbo combinations don't like more and bigger to work right. To go much bigger or more I will have to change turbos and there isn't much bigger that will drop into place. f you keep asking small turbos to do more the shafts break or the bearings (thrust) get wiped out or the wheels fly apart. Thats how Precision has gotten a bad rep, by selling such a high volume, many end up in a poorly matched combination and the turbo(s) fail.
                I have seen you say that you are going as quick as you want in the 62, so why go to a stronger block if you don't want to go faster? Especially since faster means a funny car cage which you are against.
                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

well I want to go faster in the 62, 7.90's but that will be at Outlaw tracks (which most are these days) Drag Week is probably the only time it will be a problem. The other issue is I don't own the long block currently in the car and I want the reliability and peace of mind that comes with and aftermarket block. If I want to drive the car to Irwindale and run 4.90's, how to get home if it blows a head gasket isn't what I want to think about the entire trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X