Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 100 Fastest Dragweek Cars

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    9.67 @ 139

    Cough Cough, that's all she has Captain.
    what u run this year
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
      what u run this year
      Did not see where it said only this year but I will be takin it out in a couple weeks have not touched it yet. I got to get a few of lifes little things done first. Its not the priority for me that it is a lot of guys. I been going to the track with Crow and helping some other guys with their programs, I get a lot more satisfaction from that. I did learn this year I miss driving the car down the road, I don't miss the track time one bit, never have.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

      Comment


      • #18
        You know, I don't know where my car stands OVERALL.. I think it's fair to have two lists, one for power adders, one for N/A, although I might be a little bias.. lol

        Comment


        • #19
          no power adder for me,,,

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
            no power adder for me,,,
            The cubes add power....
            My fabulous web page

            "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
              You know, I don't know where my car stands OVERALL.. I think it's fair to have two lists, one for power adders, one for N/A, although I might be a little bias.. lol
              that would be cool to see how many use and dont
              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

              Comment


              • #22
                The reason I started this thread was because of the one on yellowbullet about the top 100 street cars. After the number of very fast cars that have made Dragweek many times I was wondering what the list would look like.

                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?fea...y9GtuGceCiMrLP

                http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=608554

                Comment


                • #23
                  Ed,
                  Your post got me and my brother talking on the phone last night! The one thing that aggravates me is that Hot Rod, has not done a great job of archiving the results from past events. The stature of the event depends on it's history, so I think this needs to be addressed. I agree with Jeff that what year you accomplished your Best ET. is immaterial.

                  There are a few interesting things that I thought about... Joe Barry, for instance. He finished in 2011, so the credentials of the big Chevy as a Street car are there... this year he recorded his best ET. at the event but didn't finish on the last day... In my mind that Car and that ET would be included, others may disagree.

                  Obviously, the list, if based on one best ET. Would begin with Bailey, Ahokas, Larson, Lutz, etc. But I wouldn't attempt to go much further without access to complete results from each year!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                    Ed,
                    Your post got me and my brother talking on the phone last night! The one thing that aggravates me is that Hot Rod, has not done a great job of archiving the results from past events. The stature of the event depends on it's history, so I think this needs to be addressed. I agree with Jeff that what year you accomplished your Best ET. is immaterial.

                    There are a few interesting things that I thought about... Joe Barry, for instance. He finished in 2011, so the credentials of the big Chevy as a Street car are there... this year he recorded his best ET. at the event but didn't finish on the last day... In my mind that Car and that ET would be included, others may disagree.

                    Obviously, the list, if based on one best ET. Would begin with Bailey, Ahokas, Larson, Lutz, etc. But I wouldn't attempt to go much further without access to complete results from each year!
                    Then you open the door to the whole what qualifies as a fast street car and which time slips: only cars that complete Drag Week, only cars that are tagged and licensed regardless of how far they can or can't actually be driven, NMCA True Street cars?

                    I don't know and I wouldn't make any such lists anyway so ya'll have fun with this one.

                    I do like the idea of a running list of Drag Week results, although leaving out DNF's would be nice.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      You could get into so much criteria to separate the cars on different lists it would not be funny. But just a break down of power adder cars along with cubic inches would be a good way to really see details of the cars.

                      I am pretty sure I was the fastest 1965 Chevelle with a stock bore 350, factory steel GM heads and a Muncie, ok I was the only one there but still the fastest in my class!
                      -Bobby-

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Just for Sh##'s and grins and wondering where I might have been in the pecking order I used my last years best of 9.63 and applied it to this year as I only had a 1 day DW this year. If I could of held that 9.63 I would of been 21st overall out of this years crew. Add in all the DNF's using their first day times and that moves me to to 30th. Use my 1 day 10.6 this year and I go to mid pack. It don't mean a hill of beans just comparing to the whole heap.
                        First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                        Second place SSBBNA 2016
                        Third place SSBBNA 2017
                        Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                        All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          that's the beauty of a spreadsheet. Put in all the columns you want, analyze away. They had a spreadsheet of 2012 and 2013 daily results, but I don't wanna be the guy combining all that information in one sheet. It wouldn't be hard to do though if you had access to the original files, just TIME consuming.

                          Then we can get into " I won't post my time but I'm faster than you" like you see at grudge night.

                          random wonder about that - why do guys think they are "sleeper" with a pro street sized tire?
                          Last edited by Beagle; October 16, 2013, 06:35 AM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            random wonder about that - why do guys think they are "sleeper" with a pro street sized tire?
                            Those are snoozers, not sleepers.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ix-to-4sixzero
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think a simple power adder and non power adder list would be good.. Although my fastest lap at DW was in 2010, I believe since I didn't finish, it should be excluded, it's only fair.. :-( Today, with all the turbo stuff, it makes my 7.97 run in 2008 look kinda' slow. The turbo cars are CRUSHING most of the nitrous cars..

                              I'm not good with spreadsheet, but with having the results, it should not be tough to compile the list.. I think it would be cool, and something we should of had for a long time.. I agree, DW should have an overall fastest list.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I think I have quickest and fastest run by an N/A convertable with the top down while wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a big hat. That counts right?
                                Last edited by CDMBill; October 16, 2013, 09:15 AM.
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X