Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, my junk in the top 100 who knew.

Comment

I think you may have missed a few, one for sure.

Dave Schroeder in Modified PA, 8.86 @ 155 last day Drag Week 2010 against Doc Fox

8.91 5 day average.

See it here at 5:00 min mark.

Doc Fox's consistent 8.80 stingray corvette making passes at all of the 6 days of Drag Week 2010

That little 454 treated us good.
      Last edited by Rat Infested; November 7, 2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

congrats to all that on the list.

I dont care about the lists so much, just happy to Finish the week. Hopefully next year Im a bit quicker.
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

One thing about it I haven't finished the last two years so if that means mines not a street car so be it, however every pass I make I give it all it has even when I know its hurt. I guess maybe that's not the smart decision but the week has become more about what I can do versus looking at it from needing to win attitude. It is great to see a list with the Drag Week cars because to me that is the only rule of thumb after seeing some of the cars popping up on the other list. My car will soon me in the hands of Mr Larson making it non trailer friendly and hopefully making it more functional along the way. I will be back in 2014 with a 3800 lb street car dreaming of finishing. It funny cuz I think the anticipation of seeing all the good people I have met the last few years is probably more meaningful to me than the racing part of the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
            It funny cuz I think the anticipation of seeing all the good people I have met the last few years is probably more meaningful to me than the racing part of the event.
            Amen brother..
            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

X2^^^^ Well said.

Comment

Joe, once again you speak to what I see as the true spirit of Drag Week. While I certainly dream of having a competitive BBF in my car someday (yes, legal floors will go in this winter-haha), it is the people and experience that keep me coming back. You definitely get it sir!
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Joe I hope it all goes well. When you have had some issues before you will appreciate the finish even more. Some cars are a grenade with the pin pulled just never knowing when it will go off.

Guys who always finish, will never know the low that makes that High so High for some of us that have struggled.
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                    Joe, once again you speak to what I see as the true spirit of Drag Week. While I certainly dream of having a competitive BBF in my car someday (yes, legal floors will go in this winter-haha), it is the people and experience that keep me coming back. You definitely get it sir!
                    I never knew till now yours where flat.

Comment

Sorry, I can hardly type from laughing

Cheater! LOL

Comment

It's because Rich does not blab it all over the net for the world to read!
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          Joe I hope it all goes well. When you have had some issues before you will appreciate the finish even more. Some cars are a grenade with the pin pulled just never knowing when it will go off.

Guys who always finish, will never know the low that makes that High so High for some of us that have struggled.
                          LOL you know the first year I finished and I guess I took it for granted the last two years I feel like I am so far away from finishing. I am sure when I finish again I will be beyond ecstatic.

My year definitely revolves around Drag Week without a doubt and I m sure you guys and gals as well.

Comment

It takes my mind off the everyday troubles that we all have to deal with. I need a Bumper stickers that says. " My worst day at Drag Week, is still better than my best day at Work"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
                              LOL you know the first year I finished and I guess I took it for granted the last two years I feel like I am so far away from finishing. I am sure when I finish again I will be beyond ecstatic.

My year definitely revolves around Drag Week without a doubt and I m sure you guys and gals as well.
                              Watched your car from the tower at one of the tracks, man that thing is a beast!!

Comment

Originally posted by v869tr6 View Post
                                Watched your car from the tower at one of the tracks, man that thing is a beast!!
                                It ran the best ever down low after we took some gear out of low but still needs more taken out.

Comment

Working...
                                X