EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI

Who's system do you use and why and/or who's system do you think is used the most on Drag Week? Also do you think a single throttle body system can come close to a duel throttle body system? All of this in a NA use.
    First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
    Second place SSBBNA 2016
    Third place SSBBNA 2017
    Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
    All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Holley is the most user friendly and function/feature filled on the market. Their engineers are in the field at the races and shows, supporting us and racing with us. you can get them on the phone, many of them after hours. Support the company that is supporting the racers and enthusiasts.

Comment

Megasquirt.

Depends on how much HP you are looking at cranking out on the throttle bodies. They make some pretty large ones.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Accufab has a new Tb that goes 2700cfm. Bad ass for sure.

Agree with Shane the Holley stuff has it going on. They Holley is the most user friendly.

Tim
        86 Mustang
        454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

I have been using FAST XFI for years. I have no complants. I started out with Holley and at that point in time their service SUCKED!, that's what turned me off of Holley. I have been helping a friend with the new Holley system and the user interface is decent it compairable to the XFI. I know Mc Jeff is using Mega Squirt, Scott does a good job of helping if there is questions.

Comment

The old Holley stuff was a joke.

Tim
            86 Mustang
            454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

I run a Haltech, great hardware, awful service.

My usual advice on this question is to ask around the shops in the area and see what they support. Calling Australia to have them advise "just fiddle with it, mate" is no substitute for being able to have someone local.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Vince, the new Holley product seems to be pretty good. Scott likes it too. But, you can do everything you'll ever want with the MegaSquirt, a bunch of Drag Week guys run it, and save a bunch of money. There is massive support for the MegaSquirt platform and guys have spares at DW, though I've never needed it. I'd be happy to walk you through it. Randall here is the resident genius, and Scott has helped a bunch of us successfully make the switch. Five engines in the top ten at this years EMC tells you something about his abilities.

I'm staying with it for my new build as I am used to the interface. The dual throttle body setup does make a bit more power when set up properly, but you can make plenty of power with a single. I ran the Accufab 2200 CFM, on mine as a single four setup at around 900 hp. The dual TB makes a bit over a 1000, but that also involved more cam, a bigger intake valve and some minor porting mods. I'd say the Dual TB was worth 45-50 on the 588". If there is room I'd look into a Ron's flying Toilet, everybody made best power at the EMC this year with one of those on a single four barrel manifold. I'm a little unclear about drivability, the Accufab's have been surprisingly good, when set up with progressive linkage even the dual set-up which I've auto crossed with.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Megasquirt/ems pro.. Single throttle body. I will help you with it.
                  used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

I have run a plug and play MS2 box and now am using the holley. As others have said, the holley is a great product, i am very happy with it.
                    -Jeff
                    Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                    I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Thanks to all so far, might be a year before I do this but wanted to know what was out there. Now I can go to the research end of it. Hafta get the trani crap fixed right first. All the horse power in the world don't mean a hill of beans if ya keep blowin out trani's. Thanks again Vince
                      First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                      Second place SSBBNA 2016
                      Third place SSBBNA 2017
                      Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                      All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

In a year it will all change...................
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          In a year it will all change...................
                          MS3x has been nearly flawless for SEERED
                          I have an Edelbrock system and a Holley system sitting on the shelf...............
                          HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                          HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                          FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

For your first EFI system, and if you are using a simple distributor ignition, a FAST XFI isn't a bad way to go. You may want to add features later, like coilpacks, in which case the Holley HP or Megasquirt-3x would be a better choice (no expensive external boxes to "decode" crank and cam inputs like with the FAST).

I used to keep track, but I think Megasquirt is the "winningest" EFI system at Drag Week. All but two years that I know of, a megasquirt car has won a class, sometimes multiple wins. Jon Huber (6.5hp/cid), Jim Neuenfeldt (turbo truck), Bill Fowler, Jay Brown, Jon Stevenson, Jeff McConnell, James McEntire have all won their class at least once, sometimes more. But Megasquirt is "DIY-intensive" (in my opinion, ALL custom EFI is DIY-intensive though).

For a good EFI experience, it matters less what system you choose and more how you go about learning. Having a friend onsite to help is a good way to get up to speed quickly without getting too frustrated.

Once you make the change, you'll likely not want to go back.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                              Once you make the change, you'll likely not want to go back.
                              I went back to a carb for 2012 and 2013 Hot Rod class. The carb is off for good. know running a Fast systems the old EFI was factory OBD1.
                              Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                              Drag Week 2011 DD
                              Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                              Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X