• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
    Outsider has the right idea.
    Evidently some if you don't follow my expeditions. I've driven my car from Springfield, mo to Indy won True Street and drove to Okc won True Street just in the last month. If you need a tow rig for your street car the logistics of that are on you. I'm driving my mid 8 sec street car and if it breaks I'll deal with that problem when it comes. $200-$300 to rent a uhaul truck and trailer "if it breaks" than paying the expenses of owning and maintaining a tow rig. The whole point of this "exercise" is to promote very fast street cars.
    You're right, I never signed up for your Fan Club and obviously don't follow your "expeditions", I could do the same thing with my car but prefer not to, if I was 20 years younger driving to and from would probably sound like fun.

Leave a comment:

• Rat Infested
    replied
    Great Idea, we will support it 100%.

But you have to go A-B-A tracks, if only for the economy of the racer.

Some of us will travel a long way just to get to these events and we really don't need to get another room on the Saturday night and then spend all day Sunday getting back to the rig just to drive another 20+ hours home.
    Last edited by Rat Infested; November 14, 2013, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I don't know, I stay away from the bullet. But you probably ought to keep it in the racing forum, you might get a few real answers that way

Leave a comment:

• 62Duece
    replied
    So do I start a thread in "Trash or be Trashed" 1607 viewing where more people will see it or "Let's talk Racing" 63 viewing where it might taken more seriously?
    Last edited by 62Duece; November 14, 2013, 05:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 62Duece
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
    Good Idea, that'll get rid of some Race Cars!
    Fixed it for you!

Leave a comment:

• 62Duece
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    Those who will use them, will use them. They just don't have to make it easy by providing a "loop" back to the starting point or other encouragements.
    Outsider has the right idea.
    Evidently some if you don't follow my expeditions. I've driven my car from Springfield, mo to Indy won True Street and drove to Okc won True Street just in the last month. If you need a tow rig for your street car the logistics of that are on you. I'm driving my mid 8 sec street car and if it breaks I'll deal with that problem when it comes. $200-$300 to rent a uhaul truck and trailer "if it breaks" than paying the expenses of owning and maintaining a tow rig. The whole point of this "exercise" is to promote very fast street cars.
    Last edited by 62Duece; November 14, 2013, 05:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    Those who will use them, will use them. They just don't have to make it easy by providing a "loop" back to the starting point or other encouragements.

Good Idea, that'll get rid of some participants!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Nate View Post
    Corn Belt Classic
    Rolling Thunder Weekend
    Triple Track Challenge
    Gasoline Triathlon
    yeah, I like that.

as my week is going, mine would be the rolling blunder trifecta.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Drive it Yourself Backroad Classic

although BBR's pallywadiddleyalump whatever rolled off the tongue much easier.

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    Corn Belt Classic
    Rolling Thunder Weekend
    Triple Track Challenge
    Gasoline Triathlon

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    No tow rigs. Problem solved.
    good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    No tow rigs. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    The event really needs to end at the same track (tow rigs) that it started from even if you have to include a Sunday. If you have a track that will run a Saturday morning event and another track for a Saturday evening event then squeeze in the home/fourth track for Sunday afternoon and please, please forget those silly check points unless they're on a direct route between the tracks, when it comes to the driving between tracks I really think Cheaters are few and far between plus the Racers patrol their own!

There are other organizations that use the "True Street" phrase also, I know the Super Chevy Meets use it in their events.
    Last edited by Grumpy; November 14, 2013, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
    This is getting way out of the realm of serious
    It happens.

Did you post this on the bullet? If so, link it so we can see more ideas to bounce around.

Are you planning this to be a locationA-locationB-locationC event or an A-B-A?

A-B-C add the logistics of getting your car back to A if you hauled it there or having someone ferry your tow rig to C.
    Last edited by BBR; November 14, 2013, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X