No tow rigs. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
      No tow rigs. Problem solved.
      good luck with that.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Those who will use them, will use them. They just don't have to make it easy by providing a "loop" back to the starting point or other encouragements.

Comment

Corn Belt Classic
          Rolling Thunder Weekend
          Triple Track Challenge
          Gasoline Triathlon

Comment

Drive it Yourself Backroad Classic

although BBR's pallywadiddleyalump whatever rolled off the tongue much easier.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
              Corn Belt Classic
              Rolling Thunder Weekend
              Triple Track Challenge
              Gasoline Triathlon
              yeah, I like that.

as my week is going, mine would be the rolling blunder trifecta.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Those who will use them, will use them. They just don't have to make it easy by providing a "loop" back to the starting point or other encouragements.

Good Idea, that'll get rid of some participants!
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Outsider has the right idea.
                  Evidently some if you don't follow my expeditions. I've driven my car from Springfield, mo to Indy won True Street and drove to Okc won True Street just in the last month. If you need a tow rig for your street car the logistics of that are on you. I'm driving my mid 8 sec street car and if it breaks I'll deal with that problem when it comes. $200-$300 to rent a uhaul truck and trailer "if it breaks" than paying the expenses of owning and maintaining a tow rig. The whole point of this "exercise" is to promote very fast street cars.
                  Last edited by 62Duece; November 14, 2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                    Good Idea, that'll get rid of some Race Cars!
                    Fixed it for you!

Comment

So do I start a thread in "Trash or be Trashed" 1607 viewing where more people will see it or "Let's talk Racing" 63 viewing where it might taken more seriously?
                      Last edited by 62Duece; November 14, 2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I don't know, I stay away from the bullet. But you probably ought to keep it in the racing forum, you might get a few real answers that way
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Great Idea, we will support it 100%.

But you have to go A-B-A tracks, if only for the economy of the racer.

Some of us will travel a long way just to get to these events and we really don't need to get another room on the Saturday night and then spend all day Sunday getting back to the rig just to drive another 20+ hours home.
                          Last edited by Rat Infested; November 14, 2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
                            Outsider has the right idea.
                            Evidently some if you don't follow my expeditions. I've driven my car from Springfield, mo to Indy won True Street and drove to Okc won True Street just in the last month. If you need a tow rig for your street car the logistics of that are on you. I'm driving my mid 8 sec street car and if it breaks I'll deal with that problem when it comes. $200-$300 to rent a uhaul truck and trailer "if it breaks" than paying the expenses of owning and maintaining a tow rig. The whole point of this "exercise" is to promote very fast street cars.
                            You're right, I never signed up for your Fan Club and obviously don't follow your "expeditions", I could do the same thing with my car but prefer not to, if I was 20 years younger driving to and from would probably sound like fun.
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

So Dave Ahokas is 70 something and can spend 5 days in a Pro mod that the windows don't roll down, rides in Kirkey seats, and has no air conditioning in 95 to 100 degree weather, but you can't drive your car in a street car drag racing event?
                              Look it's 72 miles from holly springs, ms to jackson, tn and 127 miles to sikeston, Mo. This all circles Memphis, if you don't want to drive your car that once upon a time was a new car that your dad or grandpa drove around the county when is was new, then park your diesel 1 ton and car trailer in Memphis and drive to the first track. Then drive back to Memphis and get your stretcher when you are done.

Comment

only racing at 2 tracks seems kinda of boring and non-challenging, better just stick with bracket racing or car shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X