No announcement yet.

Looking for name for new Organization & series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you be taking the quickest 2 passes of the day?? in case you would have a craptastic tire spinning pass.. would kill your average..
    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

The intent is probably like DW. Make as many passes as you want and turn in your 2 quickest.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
        Quick rules/classes:
        Pure Stock suspension Class,235 Drag Radial or any pure radial that fits in an Oem wheel tub. stock arms, NO adjustable aluminum body shocks, steel my be adjustable Ranchos ok, no coil overs, no widened wheel tubs, rolled wheel lips ok, NO 70's street freak tires sticking out past the quarter. No "bobbing' of front frame.
        Why no coilovers? If you are allowing adjustable shocks and struts, why not springs? To eliminate coilovers just favors vehicles with more aftermarket support over those without aftermarket support that have opted to go with a "universal" spring design.

Also are you saying that for "Pure Stock" we have to run drag radials, no slicks allowed?

Are you allowing the cars to pull trailers between tracks?

Comment

As far as payout goes however the majority of the competitors want it is pretty much ok with me. We will have a gate fee for the track and possibly a small entry or membership fee to cover organization, any rental fees that might be required, costs but very minimal. Then if the racers want to agree on a pot amount and 100% to the winner or 80/20 I could care less.

The pure stock is for slower cars that would normally run in daily driver. If you can afford AFCO big gun shocks and have slicks you are running small tire up to a 28x10.5! Trying to give guys a place to run their cars heads up I'm not catering to everyone, not even myself.

Comment

Same as Drag Week scoring and passes, except averaging 2 passes at each track. If you want to make 10 passes, have time and don't hold up others from making ther 2-4 passes.

Comment

This is for sale....
              D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Actual Streetcar Series

Unfortunately ASS is the Acronym for this....

Comment

Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
                  The pure stock is for slower cars that would normally run in daily driver. If you can afford AFCO big gun shocks and have slicks you are running small tire up to a 28x10.5! Trying to give guys a place to run their cars heads up I'm not catering to everyone, not even myself.
                  So non AFCO coilovers are ok? The slicks I have are smaller than 28x10.5. Lots of daily driver cars run slicks and coilovers are not illegal in that class. I am trying to understand the rules and see if it is something I am interested in participating in.

Comment

So you want to cruise the highway with some of the most bad ass street/strip cars in the world, run your car Ballz out at a race track for a little friendly competition, and meet new friends or set on the couch, hang out at a car show, bracket race, or just make a few test N tune passes at your local track with the same crew all the time?

This is a chance to get out, see new countryside, people cars, race, etc..... It's more of a something new and challaging rather than an actual race. A few of you want to win, win, win so bad you can't just say that sounds fun, I'M IN.

Comment

I'm just a guy that watched Fastest Street Car racing turn into Heads up door slammers with lights. I'm disappointed that there's only a few events such as Drag Week to compete in with a streetable car. I'm not out to make money or start a business. I've probably lost $1000 worth of business setting here pecking at the key board. I'm going to reach into my pockets, pay for business car, fly to Indy for PRI pass them out, take the time and effort to organize tracks and people, just to go out and have fun with you guys that are setting at home complaining because your car doesn't fit a class. The only reason there are any classes or rules is because winning and bragging rights are fun and competition makes these things more exciting.

I know what I set out to do with my car and it has ABSOLUTELY Nothing to do with being the fastest in a Racing Class. I set out to build the quickest 275 tire car that is comfortable enough and reliable enough for my wife and I to drive coast to coast in. It'll run 7's next year and drive to Vegas maybe California!

Comment

One of the things about Drag Week that disappointed me is that I didn't get to meet people as many people as I wanted to.

So maybe we should meet at 1 track Make Passes drive to the next hang out, BBQ, drink beer, make passes at the other track the next day and then drive back to where we started.

Comment

Quickest Street Cars in America, America's Quickest Street Cars, American Street Strip Association, National Street Strip Association, Association/Group Name?

Comment

I agree... You would think there would be more time to hang out but it's pretty intense the entire trip till your done. That's if everything go's "As Planned" this year was a challange with Dave's car. The other side of that is with all the challnages of keeping his car going it was sure a great adventure!

Cant' wait till winter is over!
                            ~Scott
                            427LSX 98mm Turbo Rossler 4L80E 3:25 Gear
                            www.smokedtailights.com

Comment

Good thing he had a body man with him

Comment

Legit Street Car Series, Street Survivor Series, Actual Street Car Series.

Comment

Working...
                                X