Clear All

• Buckett
    replied
    Street True

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    What about a series for saggy, old, self-deluded showboaters with glacially-slow storebought hot rods? I'm sensing a real lost opportunity here . . . .
    it's called bracket racing.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    What about a series for saggy, old, self-deluded showboaters with glacially-slow storebought hot rods? I'm sensing a real lost opportunity here . . . .

Leave a comment:

• 62Duece
    replied
    Wow I been busy and just got a chance to check in. Thanks for the quick responses and keep them coming. This series is primarily for the guys and girls that want to race heads up but don't want to sacrifice drivability to make their car competive in a series such as offered by the NMCA, PSCA and others over the years.

Leave a comment:

• JSisk
    replied
    Drag Trip?

Drag-n-Drive?

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    BTW, if you're not convinced that America's seamy cult of blood-sucking, ambulance-chasing, fountain-pen pirates known as trial lawyers** couldn't figure out an inane way to tie up ordinary words like "tour", "Real", "Pure", etc., read up on the ridiculous dispute between Kellogg's versus ExxonMobil over the use of a freakin TIGER in advertising.
    Example: http://www.zelle.com/featured-8.html

BTW, did anyone really ever confuse Tony the Tiger with the Exxon tiger (other than some idiot, fee-seeking paid mouthpieces and goofy judges)? I thought not.

------
    **Note to the litigious sharks who look for any excuse to be offended -- this is OPINION which is ABSOLUTELY 100% PROTECTED SPEECH UNDER THE FIRST FRIGGIN AMENDMENT TO THE U.S. CONSTITUTION! You might try reading it between golf outings and before suing the Ol' Outsider . . .
    Last edited by 38P; November 14, 2013, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied
    Three ways to brake racing
    Three Tracks Three Cars Series

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    It should be something that communicates the three essential elements -- Highway miles, Weekend and drag racing/time trialing

Highway Drag Weekend?

Weekend Drag Tour? (HRM/Source Interlink might get clinched about "tour" though.

Drag Tour Weekends?

Triple Strip Trips?

Drag Weekends Series (this one would probably also alarm HRM/Source Interlink)

Genuine Street Car Drags (omits the weekend element, but avoids the "true" or "real" problem)

Genuine Highway Car Drags

Real Road Car Drags (has the "Real" problem)

Touring Drag Weekends (SIM might get clinched on this one as well)

Weekend Drag Series (doesn't convey the highway driving element, though)

---
    I don't know if I'd be interested until (a) I know how much this is going to cost and (b) I get a car worth showing up in done.

---

I'd love to see George Ray's Wildcat Hot Rod Drag Strip (even though it's run-what-you-brung, no clocks) on a tour that included maybe Sikeston and other SEMO area venues.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Streetcar Showdown

Put Up or Shut Up

Two Lane Torture

Two Day Torture

Triple Threat Streetcar Series

Three Up, Three Down Streetcar Series
    Last edited by BBR; November 14, 2013, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Drag weekend?

I digress...

Pure street drags

Drag-street marathon

Pure street triple play

Drag street three way

Leave a comment:

• LAGNAF
    replied
    "Mean Street"

Then the logo could be some sort of Rat Fink looking mean grin or something along that line..

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Dragging and Driving

Leave a comment:

• 62Duece
    started a topic Looking for name for new Organization & series

Looking for name for new Organization & series

3 tracks in 2 days self supporting. I talked to many other racers, tracks already, started threads on some other forums and mentioned it here. I'm confident this is going to work and happen for 2014. So here the basics.
    3-4 weekends 2014 season, min 2 pass average per track, 6 pass average for weekend. 300-600 total miles per weekend, 3 different tracks. Friday evening, sat morning sat evening. This allows travel time to starting track most of the day Friday, and Sunday for travel back home. 2 pass average at each track eliminates hero passes and the complaint of spectators not seeing more than one pass of the fast cars.

First season tracks will be between OKC, Dallas, Memphis, Chicago areas, basically Midwest because there are a lot of us that live within this region.

1/8 mile tracks first season. Reasoning: easier to schedule, less expensive (most if not all tracks will only charge gate fee), less breakage which translates to less cleanup time, less expensive, smoother/quicker program. Slower speeds are safer (when you drive a 3500# car 160mph on a short local track you will understand this), 3 tracks in two days is going to require a smooth program.

I have done the right thing and contacted the NMCA asking to use True Street or Real street in the name and was very politely asked not to although they can't prevent it.

I am looking for Quality name suggestions for the association and series. This needs to be established within the next week so that a website, Facebook page and business cards can be printed before PRI.

Please post serious names and your interest in this here and if you ae a member (I'm sure all or most of you are) support this thread in bullet too. Where should the thread be placed there?

The tracks that have comitted are Ozark Raceway Park, Mokan, Holly Springs, Sikeston, and Thunder Valley.
    I'm also interested in Paduch KY, Jackson TN, Kansas International, Centerville Ar, Greatlakes (in conjunction with Gus' Drive In), Cordova IL, and the Northern Texas tracks. Mainly interested in the smaller tracks at this time (not Tulsa, Bowling Green, Gateway, etc..,).

Thank you for your interest an input. Shane McClelland Crusty
    Last edited by 62Duece; November 14, 2013, 08:36 AM.
Working...
X