What To Do With it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whichdoctor View Post
    Congrats, your race car outperformed my street car.
    Its 8 degrees here in Kansas City, I am glad mine has heater hoses and a heater core and windshield wipers like most street cars.
    I have no intention of gutting my street car for a 7.50 cert so Eddie you can keep pounding the ground for no one to care because I have a feeling that the class is extinct and I will keep enjoying my FIRST IN THE 8's street car. If you think you get more credit for tire size and ego size then you are mistaken because Pro Street is about the appearance. Go run NMCA or some other bogus "street race car" program.
    I don't need heater, nobody around here with even a slightly modded Fox body has a heater... It's 80+ here, and supposed to be in the low 80's, high 70's for the foreseeable future... WTF do I need a heater for?!?! Sounds like if you had any sense, you'd move to a more temperate climate..

The class is not extinct, it's just kinda' passed you by, you had your day in the sun.. A full interior Fox body with a half way decent engine coulda' blasted your record.. Let's face it, it was soft, like it or not.. My engine in a 2800# Fox body would put the record into the 7's without a problem, and that could be full stock interior, WITH a heater, wipers, and electric windows! My clapped out POS weighed 3260 for Drag Week, so it is anything but lightweight..

I'm sure my record will be shorted lived, and I won't be all butt hurt like you, that's for sure!! It's just a matter of time before someone brings a Fox body and has their program together.. I could not run against a Fox pulling to the line weighing 2750 with a decent running 632 in it!

I have no desire to go race in the NMCA, my car is a STREET CAR, and gets tons of street miles on it year round, even if you don't like my car, it IS a street car before it's anything else.

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    How about a Heads Up Drag Race.
    I would be happy to run Doc heads up! Fact of the matter, unless he's gonna 25.2 his chassis, he won't be able to run the numbers it'll take to be competitive in PSNA.. I mean he can hope nobody shows up, or anything running hard breaks, and it happens, but as far as him dominating the class anymore, that's over with that car in it's current trim.

He obviously had enough sense to not show up this year, as I woulda' handed him his ass every day of the week!
    Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; December 9, 2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
        I don't need heater, nobody around here with even a slightly modded Fox body has a heater... It's 80+ here, and supposed to be in the low 80's, high 70's for the foreseeable future... WTF do I need a heater for?!?! Sounds like if you had any sense, you'd move to a more temperate climate..

The class is not extinct, it's just kinda' passed you by, you had your day in the sun.. A full interior Fox body with a half way decent engine coulda' blasted your record.. Let's face it, it was soft, like it or not.. My engine in a 2800# Fox body would put the record into the 7's without a problem, and that could be full stock interior, WITH a heater, wipers, and electric windows! My clapped out POS weighed 3260 for Drag Week, so it is anything but lightweight..

I'm sure my record will be shorted lived, and I won't be all butt hurt like you, that's for sure!! It's just a matter of time before someone brings a Fox body and has their program together.. I could not run against a Fox pulling to the line weighing 2750 with a decent running 632 in it!

I have no desire to go race in the NMCA, my car is a STREET CAR, and gets tons of street miles on it year round, even if you don't like my car, it IS a street car before it's anything else.

I would be happy to run Doc heads up! Fact of the matter, unless he's gonna 25.2 his chassis, he won't be able to run the numbers it'll take to be competitive in PSNA.. I mean he can hope nobody shows up, or anything running hard breaks, and it happens, but as far as him dominating the class anymore, that's over with that car in it's current trim.

He obviously had enough sense to not show up this year, as I woulda' handed him his ass every day of the week!
        Eddie, there is no doubt your 8 second car will out run my 8 second car. I have had mine for 35 years and its all about personal goals and SHOWING UP and the experience of Drag Week or any other street car endeavor I pursue. I have an 8.50 cert and on a good day in good air with the power application well sorted out I can run right up against that cert. No sense in doing more because it wont be MY CAR (SEERED) any more. Technology and power and experience evolves continuously but I have done all that I have ever wanted in SEERED. I will probably be at an event with you some time and would be pleased to line up. Merry Chrismas, Happy New Years and have a great 2014!
        HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
        HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
        FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

This just in . . . DF simplifies Drag Week to two classes . . . Gasser/AFX (the only class that sells magazines at the newsstand) and FRONT WHEEL DRIVE PRO STREET (FWD/PS)!

Eddie lobs the first salvo, saying FWD/PS is "soft" . . . Mattel SEESGREEN and revives the "Snake -n- Mongoose" thingie with Doc & Eddie as the ultimate rivals.

But Fast Eddie's "Plum Crazy" GLHS has the "edge" over Doc's Autumn Metallic Cruze (SEERED II) because of its "cheater flat floor" and no heater . . . .

But Eddie doesn't know about McConnell's top-secret FWD traction breakthrough. Still Eddie plans to ram it home at DW by running the smallest meats allowed in FWD/PS . . . space saver "doughnuts"! Will the "baby tires" walk the walk to back up the talk?

It all breaks down when McConnell quips Eddie's squeezing a "sneaky pete" over on YB and NHRA INSIDER "MELLO YELLO" BRUAB uses his newly-minted superpowers to send the whole mob to the "time out pits" for some mud wrestling with the Texas Bikini team (which due to SIM's bankruptcy reorganization is replaced by Elana and FINN (in a Speedo)).

The whole shebang is taped for an two-part episode of "Roadkill."

Meanwhile the Gasser guys pose for more photos and the overstimulated fans tear down the grandstands like Lions in '72 . . . .

Sounds like a plan!

Okay, y'all can resume sniping . . .
          Last edited by 38P; December 10, 2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Wtf!?!??!?!? Lmfao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
              This just in . . . DF simplifies Drag Week to two classes . . . Gasser/AFX (the only class that sells magazines at the newsstand) and FRONT WHEEL DRIVE PRO STREET (FWD/PS)!

Eddie lobs the first salvo, saying FWD/PS is "soft" . . . Mattel SEESGREEN and revives the "Snake -n- Mongoose" thingie with Doc & Eddie as the ultimate rivals.

But Fast Eddie's "Plum Crazy" GLHS has the "edge" over Doc's Autumn Metallic Cruze (SEERED II) because of its "cheater flat floor" and no heater . . . .

But Eddie doesn't know about McConnell's top-secret FWD traction breakthrough. Still Eddie plans to ram it home at DW by running the smallest meats allowed in FWD/PS . . . space saver "doughnuts"! Will the "baby tires" walk the walk to back up the talk?

It all breaks down when McConnell quips Eddie's squeezing a "sneaky pete" over on YB and NHRA INSIDER "MELLO YELLO" BRUAB uses his newly-minted superpowers to send the whole mob to the "time out pits" for some mud wrestling with the Texas Bikini team (which due to SIM's bankruptcy reorganization is replaced by Elana and FINN (in a Speedo)).

The whole shebang is taped for an two-part episode of "Roadkill."

Meanwhile the Gasser guys pose for more photos and the overstimulated fans tear down the grandstands like Lions in '72 . . . .

Sounds like a plan!

Okay, y'all can resume sniping . . .
              Score 10 points for creativity and imagination. Got to go to ebay to find a cruze..............
              HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
              HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
              FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

The problem is Hot Rod will never put a FWD car in their magazine.

Ed Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by c2xejk View Post

Ed Kelly
                  They did an AWD once
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

Ed Kelly
                    I got a customer who may bring his AWD Mitsubishi Eclipse, we expect it to run into the 8's in street trim.. The car is going to the dyno in a few days, made over 700AWD hp on a mild E85 tune, should make a good bit more this go-around.

This is a 4G63, 2.0L that is running on E85, this was just a safe, baseline tune, we will step it up later and fully expect OVER 850WHP when done!!!!! WATCH...

Comment

Ed Kelly
                      I remember some from the 80's but I'm too lazy to look any further than this.. Futuristic! Technical Breakthrough! Cover car even.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Ed Kelly
                        1. It was just a series of jokes.

2. Hot Rod even did a PROJECT HONDA CIVIC once (It doesn't get any worse than that (notwithstanding that I found it entertaining and interesting to my then 14-year-old brain . . . but it was the '70s) . . . strike that . . . all the hippie vans were worse . . . .)

3. Never say never . . . Those FWD Turbo Mopars at DW '13 were hot enough to be in any performance magazine. Very impressive (and I say that as an unrepentant FWD hater).

Comment

Ed Kelly
                          Thank god for that

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova View Post
                            Thank god for that
                            And that is stereotypical response that explains why.

3. Never say never . . . Those FWD Turbo Mopars at DW '13 were hot enough to be in any performance magazine. Very impressive (and I say that as an unrepentant FWD hater).
                            Yup. The Omni has been in at least one magazine already.

Comment

Working...
                            X