Clear All

• What To Do With it???

Hmmm, I'm thinkin'...

Click image for larger version

Name:	996051_10200981717093135_471814113_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	880808

Tube frame? If memory serves, that's only legal in Unlimited and the 10.80 "field filler" classes.
    Put the refreshed RB bullet in it and make some DW/Mopar history . . . .

Better bring some B-I-G turbos for Unlimited, though.

Comment

Put two or three engines in it, in line
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Its only worth running as a drag car... no doors and a single seat...
        I wouldnt even think of it for the street

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
          Its only worth running as a drag car... no doors and a single seat...
          I wouldnt even think of it for the street
          Mr P, you barely think about getting outta your seat.. lol

Comment

Hey- if you can stand to drive it 1000+ miles, have at it. It ought to be light enough to be competitive in Unlimited.
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

eddie ill be your hired gun (for free) if you don't have a hard enough ass. I will bring a pillow to sit on or put a nice padded kirkey seat. go be competitive in unlimited. Press the envelope! we don't know what the rules will be in 2015. or extend it and make it a 2 seater front to back ;)

Comment

This would be a bad ass ride. Your BB would fit great with a single F3 mounted in front.
                Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                Drag Week 2011 DD
                Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

What is the Chassis tubing made of?
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

he was saying it would cert to 6.0 with a few more bars
                    Last edited by nplewniak; November 28, 2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                      Hey- if you can stand to drive it 1000+ miles, have at it. It ought to be light enough to be competitive in Unlimited.
                      Believe me, the seat would be comfortable.. How comfortable you think Bailey's or Ahokas' ride was in a 100 degree heat with aluminum, and carbon fiber interiors?? I remember one of the HR staff taking a long ride in Lutz's 57, they said it was like an oven in there! I remember bumping into Ahokas' when he had the Willy's at one of the checkpoints, those guys were dying in that thing, and this was early in the week, the way the seating arrangement was in that car, it looked like some kinda' torture device!

The Duster is relatively comfortable to ride in, no less than any hot rod without AC in the blazing heat, and regardless to whatever I build next, it will be the same way..

Originally posted by nplewniak View Post
                      eddie ill be your hired gun (for free) if you don't have a hard enough ass. I will bring a pillow to sit on or put a nice padded kirkey seat. go be competitive in unlimited. Press the envelope! we don't know what the rules will be in 2015. or extend it and make it a 2 seater front to back ;)
                      Nick, I'll keep you in mind. lol

Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
                      This would be a bad ass ride. Your BB would fit great with a single F3 mounted in front.
                      Probably be a BBC with a couple twins..

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      What is the Chassis tubing made of?
                      The chassis is all chromoly, and was built for my by S&W about 20 years ago, it was a project that my dad and I started, than we lost interest in it, and went circle track racing for years, my dad passed a few years ago, it's time for me to do something with this car, what, I'm not sure, time will tell.. This altered chassis is the first one S&W ever built with a 4 link built into it, probably about one of the first professionally built altered with a 4 link, it's something I asked them to do, and they did a great job! I bought this as a FULL roller, I have everything but an engine and goodies to put this together, it even has all the interior aluminum work done, and the fit and finish is impeccable..

Originally posted by nplewniak View Post
                      he was saying it would cert to 6.0 with a few more bars
                      With a few bars added, it will cert to as fast as anything on 4 wheels could ever run in a 1/4 mile.
                      Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; November 29, 2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

The chassis is all chromoly, and was built for my by S&W about 20 years ago, it was a project that my dad and I started, than we lost interest in it, and went circle track racing for years, my dad passed a few years ago, it's time for me to do something with this car, what, I'm not sure, time will tell.. This altered chassis is the first one S&W ever built with a 4 link built into it, probably about one of the first professionally built altered with a 4 link, it's something I asked them to do, and they did a great job! I bought this as a FULL roller, I have everything but an engine and goodies to put this together, it even has all the interior aluminum work done, and the fit and finish is impeccable..
                        [/QUOTE]

If you bought it as a full roller... how did you have S&W do the 4 link when it was built since
                        you didnt own it then

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                          If you bought it as a full roller... how did you have S&W do the 4 link when it was built since
                          you didnt own it then
                          The car was built for me, to my specs, I asked them to build it with the 4 link... I'm the only owner of the car.

Comment

I'd finish it, just the way the dream started..

Comment

I am picturing it going down the freeway on street tires with one slick mounted to the front and the other mounted to the back and no trailer. Priceless.

Comment

Working...
                              X