No announcement yet.

Spy Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blue LX combo is pretty well maxed out. I can spray more but the ET don't drop much after 170 HP hit. To get the LX to the next level would involve a totally new package. The decision was made to build an entirely new car. With a new car I plan to remedy some of short comings of the LX. The LX had some bad habits on poor track surfaces. After riding in turbo cars its hard to not to want one.I now wish I had started with a nicer car.

Comment

Looks very cool .. What cubes are you strapping those turbos to ?

Comment

The engine will be 408 LS. As per the hot and cold set up, they where built for the car. If you look at the set up closely you will see how it will fit under the stock steel hood, and the exhaust will exit in a stockfish location. I'm not a fan of non-stock hoods and exhaust exiting the front fenders. After all it is a street car.

Comment

SHould be a Fun 2014! Good luck with the rest of the build! Looking good so far!
          ~Scott
          427LSX 98mm Turbo Rossler 4L80E 3:25 Gear
          www.smokedtailights.com

Comment

Board seems quite

After getting Futura media blasted. My buddy Arron Lutz came over and started welding engine bay. Will buy sheet metal next week and fill big holes and finish repair of left side quarter panel. Engine block will be taken to machine shop Monday to start build. And when credit card payment clears I will order the trans. Be safe on new years eve. Any one going to Cordova for the hangover event?
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good Tom! Which media did they use. I'm looking into that too.
              Last edited by CDMBill; December 27, 2013, 02:35 PM.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Bill, surprisingly he used a very fine glass media. My drive looks like a beach now. I'm in central Illinois so EPA does not look to close. He is very experienced. He does all the local high end builds. He did the car in just over 4 hrs. That was top, bottom, trunk, and engine bay. I now wish I did this before I started the car. It make metal work so much easier. He is Pro 1 motorsport on Facebook. Hope to have the car in primer and driving somewhat in 4 months.

Comment

R U going to add the nos for "cooling" on a run.. like a small shot.. how is access to the plugs? full frame cars have it made here as they can go a few inches straight out from the ports then turn.. I'm honestly shocked that TCI (totalcostinvolved) hasn't made a kit like they have for the 60-70 mustangs, that allow you to toss the strut/shock towers.. and fee up all types of room.. That be Ideal now that turbo's are used in so many "fox" based cars.. and allow the mod motors to fit with turbo's without needing a full tube frame car..
                  Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; December 29, 2013, 05:01 AM.

Comment

there is already a lot of room in these cars, you can put just about anything in it with a tube k-member... page one has a picture of the plug access and it looks to be A LOT better than a stock 302 with spaghetti tube shorty headers!
                    Last edited by Beagle; December 29, 2013, 07:40 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

with engine installed the plugs are going to be a pain to change with out a lift. Every thing fits very tight. Exhaust will run out stock location due to planed low hide height. The turbo system will fit under the stock steel hood without and sort of scoop

Comment

Originally posted by TomV8 View Post
                        with engine installed the plugs are going to be a pain to change with out a lift. Every thing fits very tight. Exhaust will run out stock location due to planed low hide height. The turbo system will fit under the stock steel hood without and sort of scoop
                        but will the paint hold up.. nice build..

Comment

The flat hood plan is total win.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I was hoping you'd be running the Ram's horns outlets in the front fenders. I see a ton of those at the drags these days. You can roast weenies while driving with those.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The engine will be 408 LS. As per the hot and cold set up, they where built for the car. If you look at the set up closely you will see how it will fit under the stock steel hood, and the exhaust will exit in a stockfish location. I'm not a fan of non-stock hoods and exhaust exiting the front fenders. After all it is a street car.
                              Nothing to say but awesome and keep up the progress Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X