Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsubstantiated rumors, mumblings or flat out lies about 2014 locations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick 52
    replied
    Originally posted by R Munch View Post
    What does it really matter to you retired guys that have nothing to due besides sitting taking up space at McDonalds and drinking coffee( whoops does Lenard have a micky D"S???) Any way you have all the time in the world!!!! TRY A JOB!!!!
    Who the f--k turn over that rock...

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I buy vacation so I can do things like this. This year represents a distinct challenge for me. Our wedding anniversary and my birthday usually fall within dragweek.... and this year is our 10th.

Any suggestions for staying out of the doghouse and still going on dragweek?

Have flowers show up every day I'm gone for dragweek? Arrange a weekend get away before or after?
    Keep Juan the pool boy on thru Sept

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Bill you're a gentleman and a scholar and have a really nice stable of equipment - and have stayed married - I'll follow your lead.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    I buy vacation so I can do things like this. This year represents a distinct challenge for me. Our wedding anniversary and my birthday usually fall within dragweek.... and this year is our 10th.

Any suggestions for staying out of the doghouse and still going on dragweek?

Have flowers show up every day I'm gone for dragweek? Arrange a weekend get away before or after?
    Definitly go with a planned event AFTER Drag Week or maybe in May before the gotta-get-it-done sickness is upon you.

After DW therefore is best, and pre-paid so that the inevitable Drag Week induced spending spree and unscheduled repairs don't FUBAR the anniversary. That's what I do, along with unneccessary gifts. Although the Accusump didn't impress much.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
    My wife's birthday falls on dragweek as it did last year. She was cool with it last year hope she is this year as well.
    In worse case, just ask her how old she is again, duck and hit the road!

Leave a comment:

• BBO Javelin
    replied
    My wife's birthday falls on dragweek as it did last year. She was cool with it last year hope she is this year as well.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Sometimes being "Key Personnel" has its limitations. I applied last week for broom pusher, Boss laughed and never did answer....
    I've done that too! They never take you seriously

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    John, you're assuming of course that DW will occur in its traditional time slot, which I don't believe has been confirmed. So there is a possibility, however slim, that this is a moot point. Not likely, but possible.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    Outsider - here in corporate America - we have an option to "trade dollars for hours" just like we do for our employer 40+ hours a week, we have the option to "buy vacation" in other words - I get 2 additional weeks of vacation - and they pay me for 50 weeks a year, instead of 52.
    Time off without pay . . . familiar with that concept . . . . THX

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Thanks guys, you're a real help - maybe if I take her to a 70's themed costume party like BBR did with is bride it will smooth things over???

- with a 4 year old - taking her along would mean taking her and him along - and we all know that wouldn't end well... even if I do have AC and tunes in the falcon by then.

Roses delivered on the day - that's a good one for sure.
    Be sure to include a bottle of Rum with the flowers!

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Wish I could do that!
    Sometimes being "Key Personnel" has its limitations. I applied last week for broom pusher, Boss laughed and never did answer....

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Outsider - here in corporate America - we have an option to "trade dollars for hours" just like we do for our employer 40+ hours a week, we have the option to "buy vacation" in other words - I get 2 additional weeks of vacation - and they pay me for 50 weeks a year, instead of 52.
    Wish I could do that!

Leave a comment:

• GTA91
    replied
    Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    Flowers everyday would make DW even more expensive.
    lmao!

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Thanks guys, you're a real help - maybe if I take her to a 70's themed costume party like BBR did with is bride it will smooth things over???

- with a 4 year old - taking her along would mean taking her and him along - and we all know that wouldn't end well... even if I do have AC and tunes in the falcon by then.

Roses delivered on the day - that's a good one for sure. I think the romantic get away before or after will be required... that will have to be a surprise I plan (since she usually does the vacation planning and is a nazi about getting the cheapest flight, etc)

Leave a comment:

• c2xejk
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    1. Where do they sell "vacation?"
    My employer allows us to purchase extra vacation days. It amounts to unpaid days off..

2. Tell her you've bought a romantic get-a-way trip for the big ONE-ZERO! What bride some ten years on wouldn't simply love the adventure of riding around for a week in an un-air conditioned, rowdy beast on scenic drives between drag strips? Just bring her along . . . She is handy with an electric impact wrench, isn't she?
    Depends on the woman. My wife (22 years now) loved Drag Week. The un-airconditioned car was not a big deal to her. I should mention that she now has 20 years in the military so adverse conditions are not a problem. Especially if the reward is having me cornered in the car for many hours.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Ahhhh she'll get over it.
    Famous last words (tedious and painful stories omitted (in deference to BBR's legendary "word protection device"))

(Note: If we were chicks, we would be "burying the lead" in an Oprah-sized heap of "tedious and painful" stories . . . .

http://laurabrowncommunications.com/dont-bury-the-lead/ )
    Last edited by 38P; January 28, 2014, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X