Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsubstantiated rumors, mumblings or flat out lies about 2014 locations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what where the tracks for the first DW? returning to the scene of the crime would be cool...

Comment

That would be cool ,since Michigan was one of them
      Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
      what where the tracks for the first DW? returning to the scene of the crime would be cool...

Comment

Unfortunately the Kansas City International Raceway was shut down by some democratic power brokers in Kansas city and now exists as only an overgrown field while the local racers search for somewhere to test and tune. RIP KCIR 1967-2011
        HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
        HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
        FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Monday, September 12 Kansas City International Raceway Kansas City, MO

Tuesday, September 13 Gateway International Raceway Madison, IL

Wednesday, September 14 Beech Bend Raceway Bowling Green, KY

Thursday, September 15 National Trail Raceway Hebron, OH

Friday, September 16 U.S. 131 Raceway Martin, MI
          D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

For the tenth running of Drag Week, HOT ROD will reinstate the original 2005 rules & classes and award top ten jackets in all five categories:

"...The Drag Week rules seen in the July 2005 issue and on HOTROD.com still stand, but now you can win in one of five categories. Daily Driver will be for cars that run 12.00 seconds or slower in the quarter-mile and are therefore exempt from NHRA roll bar rules. The winning car for the Daily Driver class will be the one that averages closest to 12.000 seconds without going quicker (mph will be the tie-breaker, and no bracket-race electronics or throttle-stops are allowed). There will also be winners awarded in four unlimited-e.t. classes, and cars in those classes will also compete against each other for the overall win. Those classes will be Naturally Aspirated Small-Block (423ci and smaller), Naturally Aspirated Big-Block (424 ci and bigger) as well as Boost/Nitrous Small-Block and Boost/Nitrous Big-Block with the same displacement limits..."

To continue the K.I.S.S. approach, there will be no limit on entries.
            D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Just heard they will be breaking DD into 2 groups... a 10.0 and 11.50
              that is the quickest they can run in each field with the top 16 cars in
              each field and have the 32 car bracket race on the last day

Comment

All class cars will be dropped and will be put in the DD class. All cars that make to day five will run bracket race based off there avg through the week.
                Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                Drag Week 2011 DD
                Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

The new rules will allow bikes. There will be NA and PA class guess that's the end...
                  Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                  Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by whichdoctor View Post
                    Unfortunately the Kansas City International Raceway was shut down by some democratic power brokers in Kansas city and now exists as only an overgrown field while the local racers search for somewhere to test and tune. RIP KCIR 1967-2011
                    A local KC area Business man filled in the blanks for me, the Kansas City Politicians make our crooks here in Illinois look like Choir Boys!
                    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                      Just heard they will be breaking DD into 2 groups... a 10.0 and 11.50
                      that is the quickest they can run in each field with the top 16 cars in
                      each field and have the 32 car bracket race on the last day
                      they tried something like that in 06 or 07. .
                      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Ya'll are forgetting that in '05 the start and finish we're different. So for the the 10th annual event they will retrace the route, but there will be a day 6 where it's an open road Cannonball Run style drive to the finish at the substituted Heartland Park facility. It should be an entertaining drive from US 131 in Martin, Mi. Back to Kansas. I have this on double secret low down from HRM insiders.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          Ya'll are forgetting that in '05 the start and finish we're different. So for the the 10th annual event they will retrace the route, but there will be a day 6 where it's an open road Cannonball Run style drive to the finish at the substituted Heartland Park facility. It should be an entertaining drive from US 131 in Martin, Mi. Back to Kansas. I have this on double secret low down from HRM insiders.
                          But will we have to stop to take pictures or just go on roads of our choice? (I might need to look at a quick change instead of 9")
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

If you really want to stir it up in KC, arm drop at the former site of KCIR. I believe the pavement is still there. We can say it's a loud picnic in their unfinished city park.
                            First day of Drag Week 2005 was one of the best days I 've had in Kansas City. We took the day off work to go watch the competition with about 20 other spectators. We shut the nail guns off, parked the equipment and jumped in the trucks to KCIR.
                            A pink Nova that drove in and ran 8 seconds, a crazy silver Caprice wagon with a monster Pro Charger that ran horribly but sounded like greatest thing since Hendrix, Doc's Camaro, and a bunch of other great cars and drivers that the rest of the city knew nothing about. That day I was a 16 year old kid again skipping school to have some fun with my friends. Claire and her rich friends don't think about that when they hustled the city to buy it and tear it down. RIP KCIR.
                            Last edited by bigbadjav; December 23, 2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I will never forget the sound of Steve Morris' Procharged 572 in that wagon bouncing off the trees. We never could have imagined that there was an 8 second car that could make the trip, let alone three of them: Carl, Phil and Larry. We have come a long way.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I heard Fox Mustangs were banned this year.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X