Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsubstantiated rumors, mumblings or flat out lies about 2014 locations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coming down to Tulsa will put that 400 mile killer to/from Memphis in the middle, so I think the North route makes more sense saving the killer drive for Thursday. But then again since when did sense come into play with Drag Week?
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Don't forget HR team has to drive to the next track and are the last to leave in most cases... So hopefully they will keep the last ride short... Myself like the 250 to 300 mile distance over that its a PITA and get to long
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• I had about written off going this year, but with Gateway being the anchor, I'm in, may be divorced, but still. LOL Way to close to home for start and finish. I'm hoping for the southern route myself. Sorry guys but Bowling green sucked as far as track prep and the crew obviously could have cared less don't car if I ever go back.
        WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

Comment

• So I heard a rumor it might be six days for the 10th annual with Sunday as the overflow, rain day. That way you can fit in one more track like Joliet. Better than the briefly mentioned Drag Month.

Has anyone confirmed the actual dates for Gateway?
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
            So I heard a rumor it might be six days for the 10th annual with Sunday as the overflow, rain day. That way you can fit in one more track like Joliet. Better than the briefly mentioned Drag Month.

Has anyone confirmed the actual dates for Gateway?
            With 2-3 days before and a day after it can turn into a long event... Last year we (Mr P body) and myself went to LS fest and then DW and it was a long HHHHot week... Think this year day before is good..
            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
              With 2-3 days before and a day after it can turn into a long event... Last year we (Mr P body) and myself went to LS fest and then DW and it was a long HHHHot week... Think this year day before is good..
              What does it really matter to you retired guys that have nothing to due besides sitting taking up space at McDonalds and drinking coffee( whoops does Lenard have a micky D"S???) Any way you have all the time in the world!!!! TRY A JOB!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by R Munch View Post
                What does it really matter to you retired guys that have nothing to due besides sitting taking up space at McDonalds and drinking coffee( whoops does Lenard have a micky D"S???) Any way you have all the time in the world!!!! TRY A JOB!!!!
                Rod... we already did the job thing.....now its your turn so you can keep paying
                for us old guys.... thank you.... work some more OT... I want another pay raise

Comment

• Originally posted by R Munch View Post
                  I feel the same way.. But you have to respect the "old farts".. they paid thier dues..
                  Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                  Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                  Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                  Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

• I buy vacation so I can do things like this. This year represents a distinct challenge for me. Our wedding anniversary and my birthday usually fall within dragweek.... and this year is our 10th.

Any suggestions for staying out of the doghouse and still going on dragweek?

Have flowers show up every day I'm gone for dragweek? Arrange a weekend get away before or after?
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I would say a weekend away after DW, John. Flowers everyday would make DW even more expensive.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        I buy vacation so I can do things like this. This year represents a distinct challenge for me. Our wedding anniversary and my birthday usually fall within dragweek.... and this year is our 10th.

Have flowers show up every day I'm gone for dragweek? Arrange a weekend get away before or after?
                        I would take her out for a nice dinner before DW.. and a dozen roses or something delivered
                        on the anniversary and call it good.... trash out your birthday.. I'm sure you dont care about it
                        plus a phone call on the anniversary would help

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          I buy vacation so I can do things like this. This year represents a distinct challenge for me. Our wedding anniversary and my birthday usually fall within dragweek.... and this year is our 10th.

1. Where do they sell "vacation?"

2. Tell her you've bought a romantic get-a-way trip for the big ONE-ZERO! What bride some ten years on wouldn't simply love the adventure of riding around for a week in an un-air conditioned, rowdy beast on scenic drives between drag strips? Just bring her along . . . She is handy with an electric impact wrench, isn't she?

3. The traditional gift for the tenth wedding anniversary (before it was co-opted by South African diamond interests and commercial advertising) was . . . tin/aluminum! http://www.hallmark.com/anniversary/...ry-gift-ideas/ . . . That says DRAG WEEK CAR right there!
                          Last edited by 38P; January 28, 2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Logically, 10 is just a number, and is no more significant than 11, 9, 13, or any other number. Ahhhh she'll get over it.

or not.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
                              Ahhhh she'll get over it.
                              Famous last words (tedious and painful stories omitted (in deference to BBR's legendary "word protection device"))

(Note: If we were chicks, we would be "burying the lead" in an Oprah-sized heap of "tedious and painful" stories . . . .

http://laurabrowncommunications.com/dont-bury-the-lead/ )
                              Last edited by 38P; January 28, 2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                                1. Where do they sell "vacation?"
                                My employer allows us to purchase extra vacation days. It amounts to unpaid days off..

2. Tell her you've bought a romantic get-a-way trip for the big ONE-ZERO! What bride some ten years on wouldn't simply love the adventure of riding around for a week in an un-air conditioned, rowdy beast on scenic drives between drag strips? Just bring her along . . . She is handy with an electric impact wrench, isn't she?
                                Depends on the woman. My wife (22 years now) loved Drag Week. The un-airconditioned car was not a big deal to her. I should mention that she now has 20 years in the military so adverse conditions are not a problem. Especially if the reward is having me cornered in the car for many hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X